Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

First new dreads wash with bs/acv - not good at all.

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

If you use the ACV rinse, you should not have dry hair. But I guess some conditions can still cause it, like skiing. Jojoba is best to use if needed. But remember, when starting out, you want knots to form, these cause dreads to form, so don't over condition or you may cause any knotting process to slip out.

Add essential oils into your baking soda wash, that will help you.

peace

jokubas bauza said:

Also, how to use aloe...i should add it on dry hairs after wash, or i can add it on wet hairs right after wash, and go sleep?

updated by @the-barrellady: 07/28/15 03:06:33PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

1/2 yto 5 cups but that was close

and oiuly hair skip acv most hair u use it but very oily hair u want to change the ph to less acidic

u shouldnt sleep with wet dreads

\u can add aloe to tyue bs/acv or after or anythime]

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
jokubas bauza
@jokubas-bauza
11 years ago
26 posts

Whell, i wrote bad, or you didn't understand..i wanted to ask, if i should put aloe after washing my hairs, let em drying for 10h+ and then use aloe, or i can use right after i wash my hear (on wet hairs).

Also, i didn't understand what you mean by saying "knots form dreads, so don't over condition" google translator is totaly useless in some cases, so i didn't understood what you mean :/

the Barrellady said:

If you use the ACV rinse, you should not have dry hair. But I guess some conditions can still cause it, like skiing. Jojoba is best to use if needed. But remember, when starting out, you want knots to form, these cause dreads to form, so don't over condition or you may cause any knotting process to slip out.

peace

jokubas bauza said:

Also, how to use aloe...i should add it on dry hairs after wash, or i can add it on wet hairs right after wash, and go sleep?

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Your sections will knot up, which means they will tangle. This tangling will increase, turning that section into a dread. Over conditioning the hair can cause any tangling to slip out of the sections which will set back your dreading progress. Hope this explains it better :)

Sorry, I have never used aloe, so I can't help with that question.

peace

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Sleeping with wet sections causes mold to set in. They will also start to smell. You do not want mold in your hair. You will find that once your dreads are mature, they take sooo long to dry, so it is best to wash them at the beginning of your day.

jokubas bauza
@jokubas-bauza
11 years ago
26 posts

thanks you, also, if i understand right, conditionig means rubbing and do another thing to my hair and scalp while i wash them? em i right?

Again thanks all for answers, you help me soooo much!

P.S. Its near 1 week of my new dreads, after wash i washed them they are more soft but messy, and you know..i like that mess, because i even can feel how they becoming natural dreads (:

the Barrellady said:

Your sections will knot up, which means they will tangle. This tangling will increase, turning that section into a dread. Over conditioning the hair can cause any tangling to slip out of the sections which will set back your dreading progress. Hope this explains it better :)

Sorry, I have never used aloe, so I can't help with that question.

peace

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

I have translated the following for you to understand, I hope it comes out properly.

Kondicionierius yra paprastai produktas, kuris minktina plaukus.Js nenorite naudoti bet kur i i, tai bus padaryti js plaukai ilkiniai.Jei turite obuoli sidro actas, jis yra saugus naudoti, kad kaip galutinio skalavimo.Tiesiog naudokite 1-2 capfuls sumaiyti su vandeniu ir palikti tik 1 minut.

Jei plauti su soda, js neturite veitimas.Miinys 0,24 l 1,18 l vandens, sumaiyti su soda.Upilkite ant galvos ir palikti 10-20 minui, netrinkite.Obuoli sidro actas yra naudojamas kitas, palikti j tik 1 minut ir gerai iskalaukite.

Hope this came out right. Peace

Teddyjo
@teddyjo
11 years ago
106 posts

Can you give me an estimate in Tablespoons for what 1-2 capfulls of ACV is. Cause idk if my Cap size is the same as a regular ACV bottle. ill put a Pic up

the Barrellady said:

Hi there, your ratio was off. Try using 1/2 baking soda to 5 cups of water, rinse well after 10-20 minutes, then use 1-2 capfuls only of apple cider vinegar with 5 cups water , leave on for only 1 minute and rinse. Rinse off everything well, then finish off with a cold rinse to the head, as cold as you can take. Your ratio was off, so it did not completely exfoliate the scalp. Try this and let us know how it goes.

Peace

updated by @teddyjo: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

its about a teaspoon^

KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

the amount of acv that is... that cap is too small