Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Drying dreads after washing

Kyle Adams
@kyle-adams
12 years ago
32 posts

So far, I have been towel drying my dreads and then using a hair dryer for the last part. Is this ideal or is air drying an option without the worry about mold?

updated by @kyle-adams: 02/14/15 10:55:06AM
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
Air drying is recommended. I always air dry. You just need to give your locks enough time between washing to dry completely. I may have to start blow drying a bit tho, it's starting to get cold! Cold air=cold hair=cold head=cranky Monica!
Kyle Adams
@kyle-adams
12 years ago
32 posts

Haha so when does mold become an issue?? If you go to bed with it still wet?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

if it staysdamp a long time if u used wax if you have alot of residues making a soggy swampy condition

if u put on a hat ot tie em up wet anytime airflow cant get arounbd em ti dry em

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ian Bryant
@ian-bryant
12 years ago
1 posts

I air dried mine, it may take a couple hours to fully dry so i would recommend showering earlier in the day.

Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
When they're good and mature it can take hours and hours to dry. I washed this morning around 11 am, I can still feel dampness in my knobby bottom parts (that just sounds wrong) and it's after 10 pm. By some of those parts are about twice as big as the dread itself. I always wash on my days off or when I'm off work early in the morning so I don't have to pull my hair back when it's wet/damp.
Castaway J
@castaway-j
12 years ago
585 posts

one thing about living in the desert is that driving with the windows down or walking somewhere the dry air sucks all the moisture out of them its still can dry my hair within an hour its crazy but convenient i guess. i do use a fan though if im inside directed at the back of my head and even then everything dries fairly quickly.

Kyle Adams
@kyle-adams
12 years ago
32 posts
Wow, thank you all for the replies. I feel much more confident in letting them air dry now. Plus, the hair dryer was getting to be too much haha. :)
Star Gryphon
@star-gryphon
12 years ago
190 posts

I love how much quicker dreads air dry in the summer heat and sun! Also, whenever I drive with my windows down and my hair is flying all over the place as it dries I envision the wind helping make all sorts of new tangles. Also, to help with the drying process after I turn the water off I stand in the shower and try to squeeze out as much excess water as possible. It helps my towel from getting really super soaking wet when I wrap them up in it next. Before I squeezed as much water out as possible even after I wrapped them in a towel they would be dripping wet and it would get my t-shirt soaked. Not fun during the winter months!

Kyle Adams
@kyle-adams
12 years ago
32 posts
Haha not at all and it's already starting to become chilly! Thanks :)
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form