29,640 posts

acv apple cider vinegar

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jasmine3
@jasmine3
12 years ago
9 posts

That makes sense.. and you use that to wash hair too or is just baking soda and water good enough, cause I dont have apple cider vinegar

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

its part of the method baking soda removes gro=ime very effu[-icently and exfoliares dead dry skin but since irs alkaline and hairs acidic it will dry the scalp making u itch if u dont use acvv to reset the ph ballance

if yiur oily by nature yiur too acidic so skil]pping acv till its les oily is ok hut then shoukd start using it

use it very weak at 1st and rinse right away

but as they mature use the same anmount as u used bs and soak 3 m9=in for a lite conditioning without conditioners

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jasmine3
@jasmine3
12 years ago
9 posts

good to know! thanks a bunch for all the help :)

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Your hair's natural pH is around 5.5. It's acidic. So is your scalp. BS is a base. If you just wash with that it'll dry out your scalp and make it itchy. ACV is used to reset your natural pH. If you don't have any at the moment, you should get some. But you could use a different vinegar if you have it. Just use a little less

Teddyjo
@teddyjo
12 years ago
106 posts
Do you guys just pour the BS/ACV over your head? Use a spray bottle? Or do you actually massage it into your head? Also, it just seems much easier to buy dreadlockshampoo. Why would one use BS/ACV instead of dreadlockshampoo? Do you have to massage dreadlockshampoo into your scalp? I heard doing so may loosen knots up. Is that true? If your just starting dreads, what do you prefer, BS/ACV? Or dreadlockshampoo
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

If you are just starting out, I'd recommend BS/ACV. It's a no touch wash. The gentlest type. You just get a bowl, or bottle (I use an old 1 liter Vitamin water bottle). Mix your BS and water and any oils you want to use. The oils will help keep you from getting itchy in between washes. Then just pour it on. Try to make sure you get every part of your scalp. Let it sit there for 10 minutes. Then Rinse it off. Then mix the ACV and water in the same container. Rinse this off right away when you are just starting. When thy are mature, you can leave it in for a couple of minutes.

With the BS wash, you don't scrub at all. The chemical reaction of BS and water does the job for you.

With shampoo or soap, you do have to scrub it into your scalp. It does loosen knots a bit, but they come back together soon enough. There's no top secret method anyone uses to grow their locks. I used liquid Dr. Bronners for 5 years before I switched to the BS/ACV wash. I never had a problem with them coming undone and staying that way. Baby locks are supposed to tangle and untangle. It's how they start locking

Teddyjo
@teddyjo
12 years ago
106 posts
Alright thanks a lot
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

It's not really good to wash days in a row. BUT... If your hair isn't really locked up yet, and it really itches, go for it. Are you mixing oils with with your wash? The oils should help it from itching between washes

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form