Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Still have really bad dandruff

Joseph
@joseph
12 years ago
37 posts

So, I finally used the apple cider vinegar and baking soda wash, and it didn't help me at all. The vinegar keeps the dandruff away for a few hours, but then my head starts to get itchy again, and I scratch, and more dandruff forms. It's quite gross :/

Any other suggestions on how to get rid of dandruff? I appreciate it. Thanks.

updated by @joseph: 01/13/15 09:19:29PM
Tied up in knots
@tied-up-in-knots
12 years ago
202 posts
Tea tree oil. Add it to the rinse. It should help keep the itchies away and help with dandruff.Check out the essential oils article under I believe this same category. Just search for essential oils on the site search and it should be the top link. I'd link it for you but my phone is a pain.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

Baking soda and vinegar remove the dandruff but they don't treat the dandruff, using oils as well will treat the problem. Teatree Rosemary especially, peppermint helps with itch. The dandruff will keep coming back unless you use the oils. One other note, the oils will not be hundred percent effective right away. They start to help and help more more the more you use them.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Joseph
@joseph
12 years ago
37 posts

Where would I buy this tea tree stuff? I don't even know what it looks like.

Naked Naturalist
@naked-naturalist
12 years ago
88 posts

mountainroseherbs.com

Joseph
@joseph
12 years ago
37 posts

Ah. Is there a store that sells this stuff?

Naked Naturalist said:

mountainroseherbs.com

Rachel NattyDee
@rachel-nattydee
12 years ago
53 posts

I have found putting a few drops of rosemary lavender and tea tree oils, in water, in a spray bottle and lightly spraying the roots stops the itching and helps the dandruff big time. I found that advice on here and I don't get the awful itching anymore. And I use the same oils when I do the BS soak and the ACV rinse. still get some dandruff but its not as bad as it used to be.

Do not use normal anti-dandruff shampoo as it will undo your dreads (well thats what happened to me).

In the uk they come in small glass bottles and you buy them in pharmacies and health food shops, or online.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form