Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

sea salt spray questions??

YUKON
@yukon
13 years ago
119 posts

i've found the sea salt spray to be about the best damn thing for my dreads so far...

anyone have tips on using it tho??

what recipe do you use?? how much an how often to use it?

what about adding lemon juice to it?

...so far i just spray a bit in before bed, seems to keep my hair really nappy, but dont know if i can "over do it???

updated by @yukon: 01/13/15 09:14:21PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

u can over do it asnd u shouldnt leavbe it in longer then a couple hours ..never add lenmon! just salt

and 3.5% of the water volume so a spoonfull or 2 in a spray bottle

weekly or twice a week is plenty often enopugh

rinse after 10 min to 2 hours

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Angel Frye
@angel-frye
13 years ago
409 posts

I use about a half a tsp of Sea Salt in a 6oz spray bottle. I spray in the roots and very VERY lightly all over on day 2 and 3 between shampoos so I can lightly twist and separate my baby dreads.

I leave it on, SE; oops?? lol I think it helps me to lock up a bit faster. But then again I have C1/C2 curls so I don't need a whole lot of help. But I do need something moist to help me separate my locks. And I haven't noticed anything bad from leaving it on except once I made it too strong and used too much in one area and I noticed a few salt crystals when my hair was dry. Easy fix: dampen hair and smooth out with your finger tips.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

well leaving it in can over dry and start to iritate the scalp salt is corosive after all

it does all its gonna do it a short time leavung it iin isnt heklpful and can cause trouble in the long run..and its definately best to avoid the scalp

--
Angel Frye
@angel-frye
13 years ago
409 posts

crap.

*The n00b with baby locks whimpers while she runs to the shower to rinse her hair.*

I think I could delete that first post of mine(?) but I'll leave it up for posterity. And laughs. Live and learn. If I screwed up then at least let someone learn from it besides me.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

well some ppl do lewave it on for days andit does dry the hell out of the hair even making it brittle others after a lil while their scalps so dried out it bleeds diferent ppl react diferently but just to be safe avbout it its better to rinse it

--
Logan2
@logan2
12 years ago
17 posts
Hey guys, just about to make this spray, a couple questions though, my dreads are 3 1/2 weeks old, after the 10-20 minute mark and I rinse it, does that count for a wash? Or is it okay to wash my hair with Dr. Bronner's afterward? Or should I wait another 3-4 days to wash it with Bronners or BS? Thanks in advance!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form