Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Ends of Dreads unraveling and Many Loops..HELP

labmofgod
@labmofgod
15 years ago
94 posts
yea im haveing the same problem with the tips unraveling and its kinda getting annoying because i have to fix them because they are getting pretty loose and they are coming undone like halfway
updated by @labmofgod: 07/23/15 06:38:57PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
TIPS are better off loose knottede rounded tips dont let water run through so dry much much slower.let the tips do what they wanteither they will lock to the tip or they wont..if they dont...be glad they didnt

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
well crochet does massive dammage making them weak, and like i said blunt ends are way overrated cause water wont run out and they take 3 times longer to dry...that can lead to mold in some cases..if they blunt on theyre own thats fine they wanted to, but to ibtentionaly blunt them especialy with the extra dammage involved isnt worth it...your just adding problem ontop of problembetter to just let em be

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
thats what they say when its the root of the dread too..but it adds up when u crochet u break hairs that cause it to need to be redone over and over..many who crochet 6 or more years in are still spending 15 hours a week fixing them..its better to just never touch the crochet hook to your dread

--
Jo
@jo
15 years ago
176 posts
in my opinion crochetting doesnt do much. I had some loose hair that always got in my eyes, so one day I figured I'd just crochet that bit back in. And it came out the next day. rastavanny said:
i dont think crocheting is that bad when its the end of the dread.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
frizz is natrural it belongs there..and your frizz free for now crochet breaKS more hairsthen it fixes that adds to frizzs over time so u need to keep crocheting for lifeits best to never crochet oncebut if u stop you'll partialy recover rastavanny said:
true,,but i used to crochet in some parts of my dreads because i had frizz and now some are frizz free

Jo said:
in my opinion crochetting doesnt do much. I had some loose hair that always got in my eyes, so one day I figured I'd just crochet that bit back in. And it came out the next day.

rastavanny said:
i dont think crocheting is that bad when its the end of the dread.

--
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
15 years ago
362 posts
Just love them!! you should see how freaking crazy my dreads are! I have loops, loose spots, some dreads are rebelling and splitting down the middle... it's just... fun! Yes, they do fix themselves over time, so there's no need to worry. Just embrace the crazy!
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
It's true they fix themselves over time,however there are cases where I've been glad I used a crochet hook on some of my locks, only because of problems caused by other factors,however I do have alot of loose hairs on my roots, I don't care about those, mine were at the tips, and they looked very,, well only way to put it is bad.I did it for a few select ones on and those particular ones I'm glad I did.other than that I still agree it can be problematic if pursued as a solution to "Fix" locks.and when I did use it, the tips I used it on still had lots of loose hairs sticking out after awhile, but then it looked more acceptable to me, If I had pictures I'm sure you would agree with me.
Euphorian
@euphorian
15 years ago
20 posts
Haha "Battle all the time" that seems very high maintenance..what is "perfect dreadlock"? like jonny clean dreadlock?i would call that Fake&Dirty Dreadlock..i think loops,loose,flat,congo dreadlock are much more perfect&natural..not much maintenance maybe just rip thick dread to prevent mold

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form