Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Daily workout, washing?

Shiloh Mortimer
@shiloh-mortimer
13 years ago
5 posts

I just started the insanity workout today, and its going to be pretty sweat intensive. I've seen to wash 2-3 times a week, but is it okay to rinse them daily? I know my head's going to get a little stinky after doing this workout every day, so I didn't know if washing it wasn't okay if there was something else I could do to get them smelling a little cleaner between washes.

Also, about 5 weeks into my dreads now and I'm still just as happy with them as the day I started them :D I intended to have pics up earlier, but I lost the cord to my camera. So as soon as I find it, I'll have some up.

updated by @shiloh-mortimer: 01/13/15 08:55:20PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

as long as they dry its ok

tho with the right diet sweat should be oderless or near oderless if you stink after sweatting alot it shows your eatting alotta crap

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Shiloh Mortimer
@shiloh-mortimer
13 years ago
5 posts
Haha, alright, I'll make sure to keep them dry. And yeah, that's good ol' college cafeteria food for you :P lots and lots of crap
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
ah definately

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Thundersquall
@thundersquall
13 years ago
235 posts
If you sweat alot i would consider washing noless then three times a week. It helps the tightening process for the locs somehow plus keeps them and the scalp odor free. Obviously just make sure you use a quality organic shampoo.
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
i think weather or not you wear deodorant plays a role in the smell factor. My husband has never worn deodorant in his life and he has also never had body odor in his life! I mean literally, we've been on tour, not showering too often lol, in the summer months in 120 degree heat and still he never smells....He is a vegetarian and doesn't eat processed foods but I wonder if it has to do with a lack of the odor causing bacteria? I dunno, it's weird! Is insanity the one with the lady with short blond hair? I'm always up for a new workout! Many Blessings
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
I think I read somewhere that it's not really the sweat that smells too much but the natural bacteria that causes it to smell? I'll have to look into it, it's kinda interesting lol! I wonder how many of you non-odoriferous folks are out there!

Maxe said:

If all Allium species are crap then yea xD

I've always figured that it was old sweat that smelled bad and not fresh sweat...might be wrong though.

I work out every day now 3-6 hours and I don't wash my hair every day and I never smell. I've tried going like.. months without showering in my past and I still never smelled...and I've never been vegetarian. Think it varies a lot from person to person based on other things than diet.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form