Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Is Aloe Vera good for dreads

Carl Dowler
@carl-dowler
13 years ago
5 posts
Hi there, I understand it's bad for your dreads to use wax or other hair products on them. But I was wondering about Pure, Plain and natural Aloe Vera Gel (I have a plant!). And if so what is the best application for it. Thoughts anyone?
updated by @carl-dowler: 01/13/15 08:54:31PM
Dave2
@dave2
13 years ago
71 posts

yeah it's ok on your hair.

if you look through the maintenance forum and the product forum you'll find some threads about it.

Basically scrape it out the leaves and slap it on your head.

Good to help tame frizzies and a conditioner as well so go easy with brand new locs.

oh and make sure you have aloe vera not a similar aloe, one form of aloe similar looking to aloe vera is used for pink colouring you dont want to make that mistake,lol

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
well its good gor hair and dreads but condsitioning so white ppl dreads can loosen thenm ewarly on so usde as a tidy up only wwnen needed ot to condition when needed
it will hold lil like waxx to tidy up but slow progress slightly if over used.. it rinses right out tho so no harm other then possible loosening

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
also some other aloes are toxic and skin iritants u will feel like your skins on fire

Dave said:

yeah it's ok on your hair.

if you look through the maintenance forum and the product forum you'll find some threads about it.

Basically scrape it out the leaves and slap it on your head.

Good to help tame frizzies and a conditioner as well so go easy with brand new locs.

oh and make sure you have aloe vera not a similar aloe, one form of aloe similar looking to aloe vera is used for pink colouring you dont want to make that mistake,lol

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form