Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

When can I wrap a dread?

John
@john
14 years ago
8 posts
My dreads are about a week old. I was thinking that wrapping some of them would help them dread faster and perhaps help some of the long loose hair dread into the appropriate sections. Will this help or is it wishful thinking?
updated by @john: 01/13/15 08:45:16PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
what u will end up with is squished dreads they will be super skinny and straight with a much thicker basewrapping should be concidered decoration only

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
John
@john
14 years ago
8 posts
Thanks. I thought this might be an alternative to crocheting, but alas no. Do wool pillow cases and hats actually help things along? I'm doing salt water almost every day.
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
Salt water is great...has helped me lots! And yep, get yourself that wool sweater for the pillow....won't regret it!!!! : ) John said:
Thanks. I thought this might be an alternative to crocheting, but alas no. Do wool pillow cases and hats actually help things along? I'm doing salt water almost every day.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
best alternative to crocheting is...not crochetingu should never ever crochet so why would u wasnt an alternative to something u shouldnt do?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
John
@john
14 years ago
8 posts
Perhaps crocheting wasnt the best example. The "benefit" of crocheting is tighter dreads. My thought, based on some comments that Ive seen around, was wrapping would help them mature faster and get tighter. The ones in the front have friz that gets in my eyes, so i thought this might be an option. I want my dreads to get bigger rather than get really skinny, so I won't try it. Thanks for the info SE.
Davey
@davey
14 years ago
22 posts
i'm not sure if salt water would be good on a daily basis though, that means your dreads are getting wet on a daily basis which can cause mold and bad smells, and i'm not sure if it's ok to leave the salt in there or not but it can be irritating to the scalp and be overly drying, which can lead to dandruff.honestly if you just let it be, you'll get past it or even appreciate the fuzz
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
To put it simply :)If you wrap them they'll look tighter and neater but they won't dread faster...they'll dread much slower, they need natural movement to dread. I only wrap the ones that have big loops(1.5 or more inches around) but still don't leave them on long
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form