Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Alternative's to wax

Denney Coning
@denney-coning
14 years ago
16 posts
Yeah man dont sweat your fuzzies. I tie my hair back with a bandanna when I go out or go to work. It keeps your fuzzies hidden and out of your face. Just be patient. shaun saunders said:
i cant really just let mine go coz i have to go to school and work they dont mind as long as they look tidy but i got hair comin everywhere so just something that will pull the hairs back to look tidy'er

Jelly said:
wow, what a bunch of impatient folk. If you want it done quick and neat go to a freakin' salon. Dreads takes MONTHS to YEARS to cultivate. i had fuzzies, too. Now they are getting long enough to start forming their own dreads- three years later. the more you "add" stuff and fuck with them the weaker they'll be and the longer it will take before you start locking your hair. You can mat it up with goop, crochetting, or rolling, but dreads grow from the roots. matted hair ain't dreadlocks in my book. dreads are the growth AFTER you mat, knot, tangle, braid, twist, or roll your hair.

but to each their own. so many ppl treat this like a fad.

J

updated by @denney-coning: 07/23/15 07:24:24PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
im glad you joined our lil family :) Anshelm said:
These replies made me instantly signed up here.

I started reading and wanting dreads about almost 2 years ago.
Now I finally got them on Saturday.

I am looking forward to talk to you about dreads. I really appreciate the ways people look at each other here. =)

soaringeagle said:
karma has quickly earned a special place here with her wisdom and insight
im often impressed by her..

and yes its true we all came here through different paths, and we learned what we learned from many sources..some good, some bad when we sort through the good and bad we cannot blame the student for the teachers mistakes .. education is an ongoing process we learn more everry day but do you learn best by having stiff forced on ya and being called dumb for not knowwing it? or through gently telling em well, you were taught some mistaken info heres the truth, if you care to seek further knowledge

people learn alot here because we never get into that whole eww you used wax your so dumb and dirty mentality u see on some sites that always puts them in an instant deffensive mode so they start deffending wax use like it makes sence then it turns into argumwents and name calling..

that is why i am soooooooooo proud of each and every member here we all have learned to get along and not argue but instead calmly share info and help eachother learn..

you are allllll awesome

Amber-Dawn Andersen said:
here, here!!! we are all in this "room" for a reason. we should feel comfortable enough to ask and answer eachother, to help one another, and to just be here for whatever!!!!

Karma Jane said:
yes absolutely.. natural is always better because it is natural.. this is the place to take advice from people who have been down all routes and know the best solution. nobody here should have any sort of superior mentality... likwise, noone should feel inferior for any reason. we have all come to the forums for a reason.. to join on the path to righteousness and enlightenment.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
blunt tips are way overrated, tey dry much slower xcause water dont run out normalyid never intren tionaly blunt tiups unless tey did it on theyre own naturalyno wassing for 4 weeks? anyone wo told u tat sould never ever be trusted to touch yoiur air ewww Anshelm said:
And I gotta tell you my start somehow :D

They did a good job by backcombing and twisting with Aloe Gel.
AND a bit hairspry. The first was nice, but I could not take the spray.
They told me not to wash my hair for 4 weeks or so.
I had to today, because my sculp started gettin itchy, so I just did
very careful.

Now I look like a barbarian, because of all the fizzy hair popping out, but none off the dreadlocks opened completely. I don't wanna use wax or that much Aloe Gel again,
SO I will start my journey, and this thread helped me a bit accepting that.
(Except a bit crocheting to get blunt tips e.g.)
[My pic was before washing hehe]

Greetz Anshelm

soaringeagle said:
im glad you joined our lil family :)
Anshelm said:

I started reading and wanting dreads about almost 2 years ago. Now I finally got them on Saturday.
I am looking forward to talk to you about dreads. I really appreciate the ways people look at each other here. =)

soaringeagle said:

and yes its true we all came here through different paths, and we learned what we learned from many sources..some good, some bad when we sort through the good and bad we cannot blame the student for the teachers mistakes .. education is an ongoing process we learn more everry day but do you learn best by having stiff forced on ya and being called dumb for not knowwing it? or through gently telling em well, you were taught some mistaken info heres the truth, if you care to seek further knowledge people learn alot here because we never get into that whole eww you used wax your so dumb and dirty mentality u see on some sites that always puts them in an instant deffensive mode so they start deffending wax use like it makes sence then it turns into argumwents and name calling..

that is why i am soooooooooo proud of each and every member here we all have learned to get along and not argue but instead calmly share info and help eachother learn..

you are allllll awesome

here, here!!! we are all in this "room" for a reason. we should feel comfortable enough to ask and answer eachother, to help one another, and to just be here for whatever!!!!

Karma Jane said:
yes absolutely.. natural is always better because it is natural.. this is the place to take advice from people who have been down all routes and know the best solution. nobody here should have any sort of superior mentality... likwise, noone should feel inferior for any reason. we have all come to the forums for a reason.. to join on the path to righteousness and enlightenment.

--
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
I think I'd go crazy not soaking them that long >.<<br /> But Welcome :)
Pedro Laranjo
@pedro-laranjo
14 years ago
1 posts
Yeah im having the same problem, i got mine done 2 weeks ago. From what i read you should just let them do there thing, tomorrow im going out to buy a tam and just pop them up in it :D Also, you guys seem really awesome, Hope to get to know you peoplez better!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
best ting u can do is just leave em alone...hair knows ow to dread if u just dont interfere Pedro Laranjo said:
Yeah im having the same problem, i got mine done 2 weeks ago. From what i read you should just let them do there thing, tomorrow im going out to buy a tam and just pop them up in it :D Also, you guys seem really awesome, Hope to get to know you peoplez better!

--
Jai
@jai
14 years ago
5 posts
I hate to join and just be what you may call the bearer of bad news I agree that natural is better but being in accordance with nature is being in accordance with almighty God so the tone and manner in which some of these replies are being made is ridiculous. speak with love and to those who have decided to go on this journey bless you and my no one else but God almighty guide you its not a fad but God can use what you think as simple to turn your life around. God bless soaringeagle said:

Anshelm said:

soaringeagle said:

and yes its true we all came here through different paths, and we learned what we learned from many sources..some good, some bad when we sort through the good and bad we cannot blame the student for the teachers mistakes .. education is an ongoing process we learn more everry day but do you learn best by having stiff forced on ya and being called dumb for not knowwing it? or through gently telling em well, you were taught some mistaken info heres the truth, if you care to seek further knowledge

people learn alot here because we never get into that whole eww you used wax your so dumb and dirty mentality u see on some sites that always puts them in an instant deffensive mode so they start deffending wax use like it makes sence then it turns into argumwents and name calling..

you are allllll awesome

Karma Jane said:
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
wait what? in the quoted texts i see nothing but love and kindness what are you referring to as ridiculous?i see noone being mean at all Jai said:
I hate to join and just be what you may call the bearer of bad news I agree that natural is better but being in accordance with nature is being in accordance with almighty God so the tone and manner in which some of these replies are being made is ridiculous. speak with love and to those who have decided to go on this journey bless you and my no one else but God almighty guide you its not a fad but God can use what you think as simple to turn your life around. God bless

soaringeagle said:

Anshelm said:

soaringeagle said:

you are allllll awesome

Karma Jane said:

--
Jai
@jai
14 years ago
5 posts
I think I responded at the wrong spot but there were a bunch of post against some who were saying that they were trying different methods with their hair I just didnt like it. We should all show love and try and educate one another not tear each other down I will try and post it the right place next time but yeah just want us to speak to each other in love. some people just arent as educated as some Jai said:
I hate to join and just be what you may call the bearer of bad news I agree that natural is better but being in accordance with nature is being in accordance with almighty God so the tone and manner in which some of these replies are being made is ridiculous. speak with love and to those who have decided to go on this journey bless you and my no one else but God almighty guide you its not a fad but God can use what you think as simple to turn your life around. God bless

soaringeagle said:

Anshelm said:

soaringeagle said:

you are allllll awesome

Karma Jane said:
errol
@errol
13 years ago
37 posts
can you use aloe vera to palm roll into dreads when backcombing as a alternative to wax?

/ 5

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form