Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Washing hair

Atom
@atom
14 years ago
124 posts
What's the secret.. I've been usin the bakin soda rinse n then vinegar rinse n it nvr gets all the dandruff out of the front of my hair.. I've never had too bad of a problem with it before so I'm not likin this.. But i used my old knotty boy shampoo bar n it got most of it out.. Will dr bronners work better for this? I dnt want this mess in my hair so I wna use what is gna work.. Any input on this?
updated by @atom: 10/24/15 04:12:06PM
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
if your knotty boy bar works for you then you could use that..at least in the front part.Ingredients: Saponified Organic Oils of Palm, Coconut, Castor Bean and Hemp, and Organic Essential Oils of Rosemary, Peppermint and Tea Treethose sound pretty good to me ...not like the dhhq shampooDread Soap-water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, cocoamidopropyl betaine, sodium chloride, sodium glycolate, 7-ethylbicyclooxazolidine, cocoamidoproply dimethylamine, tetrasodium EDTA, 4,4-dimethyloxazolidine, mixture of 5-chloro-2-methyl-isothiazol-3(2H)-one and 2-methylisothiazol-3(2H)-one with magnesium chloride and magnesium nitrateYou know even I wouldn't mind buying the knotty boy shampoo
Atom
@atom
14 years ago
124 posts
Yaa I think a few of their products are actually legit. No I dnt agree with the wax n what not but they have quite a bit of sweet info on their site. Especially about hemp. Read some really interesting stuff bout hemp on there. I might still try out the bronners n compare the two.

Paula said:
if your knotty boy bar works for you then you could use that..at least in the front part.Ingredients: Saponified Organic Oils of Palm, Coconut, Castor Bean and Hemp, and Organic Essential Oils of Rosemary, Peppermint and Tea Treethose sound pretty good to me ...not like the dhhq shampooDread Soap-water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, cocoamidopropyl betaine, sodium chloride, sodium glycolate, 7-ethylbicyclooxazolidine, cocoamidoproply dimethylamine, tetrasodium EDTA, 4,4-dimethyloxazolidine, mixture of 5-chloro-2-methyl-isothiazol-3(2H)-one and 2-methylisothiazol-3(2H)-one with magnesium chloride and magnesium nitrateYou know even I wouldn't mind buying the knotty boy shampoo
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
You know looking through their stuff the only things I can say are not good are the wax(obviously) and the conditioning spray(contains vegetable wax and fragrance oils among other things). The other products seem ok to use.
Atom
@atom
14 years ago
124 posts
Lol yupp only two things I didn't get.. :)

Paula said:
You know looking through their stuff the only things I can say are not good are the wax(obviously) and the conditioning spray(contains vegetable wax and fragrance oils among other things). The other products seem ok to use.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
knottyboy is nowhere near as scummy as dreadheadhqstill dont like em but i do give em credit for trying and if they just took the wax out of the inventory id probly never say anything bad against emaltho...the castor bean in the soap should never go down the dr4ain! it kills fishmakes em shit themselves to death..not pleasantdr b works well get the teatree annd add rosemaryum wh4th the bs acv are u..usint teatree and rosemary? freezing cold rinse?u are rearly in and some dandruff maybe unavaoidableive been doing the bs/acv cold and follow by a maylees garden scalp wash just cause it mwkes my dreads feels sooooooooooooooooooo good and my dandruffs never been this good b4

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Atom
@atom
14 years ago
124 posts
naww i dnt kno where to get rosemary at.. n like i said i usually dnt have a dandruff problem.. ima test em all out n see whats best.. i do the cold rinse afterwards everytime when i rinse out the acv. cuz ive messed around with the bakin soda usin lots of it n very little of it but not much difference. n i dnt like how it makes my face feel like slippery, almost slimy in the shower.. ima go check out this store i have thats like strait up organic n natural Everything n see what they got or if they got any input soaringeagle said:
knottyboy is nowhere near as scummy as dreadheadhq
still dont like em but i do give em credit for trying and if they just took the wax out of the inventory id probly never say anything bad against em

altho...the castor bean in the soap should never go down the dr4ain! it kills fish
makes em shit themselves to death..not pleasant
dr b works well get the teatree annd add rosemary

um wh4th the bs acv are u..usint teatree and rosemary? freezing cold rinse?

u are rearly in and some dandruff maybe unavaoidable

ive been doing the bs/acv cold and follow by a maylees garden scalp wash just cause it mwkes my dreads feels sooooooooooooooooooo good and my dandruffs never been this good b4
Heather Gamble
@heather-gamble
14 years ago
145 posts
dr bronners makes a tea tree shampoo tea tree is good for dandruff also i posted a discussion on dread tea last week with recipes and these can be very helpfull ill see if i can find it and link it to you...the acv is great for dandruff if you have to u can always use a dandruff shampoo every now and again if there is one that works for uok u have a computer then u know where to get this stuff google rosemary oil and see how many places u can buy it :) see its easy your just lookin in the wrong places bro just cause walmart aint got it dont mean it hard to find and youll find buying online cheaper than u think and theres no comparison between bronners and shampoos u can clean everything with bronners and i mean everything even your teeth my house has 3 products in the cupboards bronners bicarb and vinegar all u ever need
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
Dr.B Tea Tree works wonders! There are some other all nat. tea tree shampoos that work well too, you just gotta play around with it and see what works for you. It sounds like you were using too much baking soda if it was making your face slippery. I dunno I really like the BS rinse the best. It makes my hair feel the cleanest. Good Luck
Atom
@atom
14 years ago
124 posts
Thanks guys/gals.. Im pretty sure I do everything right. Ima just try out the bronners stuff n get me some of that Rosemary junk. I think I'll survive tho.. It might just be that my head got sunburned or somethin n it keeps flakin.. Iono I ain't gna wry bout it. I am gna hit up this new shop in town tho called "the wheat barn" full of the natural goodies I kno u dreadsters will like. I'll letchall kno if I run across any gold. :)

Chewin Change said:
So... BS/ACV works well, you have to do it in the right concentrations.. and you have to rinse after BS before you put in the ACVIf your hair feels too greasy after, use less ACV. If that doesn't fix it, soak your hair /w BS longer.Make sure to rinse thoroughly afterwards.. important.But I'm a fan of Dr. Bronnar's (mild, unscented) /w 2 drops of tea tree and 3 drops of rosemary, diluted 12-1 in a little 3oz prescription bottle (shake well before hand). I dip my fingers in there and try to get at my scalp /w the pads of my finger tips, then I pour it as carefully as I can so it's distributed evenly... make sure to get it nice and clean w/o undoing any of the dreading.. my shower head is kinda powerful so I hold my hand above my hair so that the hair doesn't get the direct force of it. rinse well, importantI use BS/ACV wash twice a month to detox my scalp (flushes the dead skin out) and condition. The baking soda happens to clear up my face as it soaks, too, makin it smoother and a little shiny. Works well.

updated by @atom: 07/23/15 02:58:41AM
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form