Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

washing your dreds

cassie gabriel
@cassie-gabriel
14 years ago
80 posts
for this part of your recipe in your discussion i got confused about..."i follow this up with a strong vinagar rince ( usualy id do a weak apple cidar vinagar, but last month been doing a far stronger white vinagar, explained in a few)for a weak apc id add just a splash, maybe a capfull or 2 to the same gallon size pitcher for a strong version id use a cup or more of white vinagar, to this i add a big ol glob of cocoa butter (extra conditioning) and the same oils used in the wash, this i only leave soak a few minutes..2-5..then rince well"is the stronger version better for your dreds? and for the conditioning part, wouldnt that make the dreds come out quicker? and then finally, you mix the white vinigar and cocoa butter with all the things u mixed together in the first rinse?Read more: super clean dreads (safe for baby locks too) - dreadlocks forums http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/super-clean-dreads-safe-for?commentId=3754945%3AComment%3A122899#ixzz0r3ykuAey the best place for real dreadlocks no lies no products to buy just truth about healthy dreadsUnder Creative Commons License: Attribution soaringeagle said:
ok who told u that?
so to start off

u want to use only 1 of the following.. non residue natural soap/shampoo
dr bronners diluted 12 times more water then soap
baking soda

soaps method scrub scalp rinse thru dreads
that simple

baking soda mix 1 tablespoon per cup of water ad herbal oils to treat conditions
pour over head no scrubbing just let soak 10 min
rinse
u sac then follow with vinagar rinse 1 tablespoon per cup
wait 3 min then rinse well

updated by @cassie-gabriel: 07/10/15 01:24:17AM
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Well you have to keep in mind that SE's dreadlocks are fully mature(near 20 years) and are long enough to reach the floor.So you could do with a weak acv rinse cassie gabriel said:
for this part of your recipe in your discussion i got confused about...

"i follow this up with a strong vinagar rince ( usualy id do a weak apple cidar vinagar, but last month been doing a far stronger white vinagar, explained in a few)
for a weak apc id add just a splash, maybe a capfull or 2 to the same gallon size pitcher for a strong version id use a cup or more of white vinagar, to this i add a big ol glob of cocoa butter (extra conditioning) and the same oils used in the wash, this i only leave soak a few minutes..2-5..then rince well"

is the stronger version better for your dreds? and for the conditioning part, wouldnt that make the dreds come out quicker? and then finally, you mix the white vinigar and cocoa butter with all the things u mixed together in the first rinse?
cassie gabriel
@cassie-gabriel
14 years ago
80 posts
true, mine arnt that long or mature haha. thanks man for the tips OPaulaO said:
Well you have to keep in mind that SE's dreadlocks are fully mature(near 20 years) and are long enough to reach the floor.

So you could do with a weak acv rinse

cassie gabriel said:

"i follow this up with a strong vinagar rince ( usualy id do a weak apple cidar vinagar, but last month been doing a far stronger white vinagar, explained in a few)
for a weak apc id add just a splash, maybe a capfull or 2 to the same gallon size pitcher for a strong version id use a cup or more of white vinagar, to this i add a big ol glob of cocoa butter (extra conditioning) and the same oils used in the wash, this i only leave soak a few minutes..2-5..then rince well"

is the stronger version better for your dreds? and for the conditioning part, wouldnt that make the dreds come out quicker? and then finally, you mix the white vinigar and cocoa butter with all the things u mixed together in the first rinse?
cassie gabriel
@cassie-gabriel
14 years ago
80 posts
another question, do u use the cocoa butter? should i even since mine r new OPaulaO said:
Well you have to keep in mind that SE's dreadlocks are fully mature(near 20 years) and are long enough to reach the floor.

So you could do with a weak acv rinse

cassie gabriel said:

❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Nope I don't. I have caucasian like hair and that would just make my hair oily(something I'm battling anyways) and slippery which would not allow it to lock. plus, they are only 3 weeks old. The cocoa butter should only be used if you dreads are (a) mature and (b) very dry.For now all you need is the baking soda wash and a very weak acv rinse. If your hair gets oily you can skip the acv but you must rinse very well after the baking soda.If your hair starts getting itchy without the acv, you can try adding some essential oils. cassie gabriel said:
another question, do u use the cocoa butter? should i even since mine r new
cassie gabriel
@cassie-gabriel
14 years ago
80 posts
oh my god thank you! ha u just made me 100% less confused OPaulaO said:
Nope I don't. I have caucasian like hair and that would just make my hair oily(something I'm battling anyways) and slippery which would not allow it to lock. plus, they are only 3 weeks old. The cocoa butter should only be used if you dreads are (a) mature and (b) very dry.

For now all you need is the baking soda wash and a very weak acv rinse. If your hair gets oily you can skip the acv but you must rinse very well after the baking soda.
If your hair starts getting itchy without the acv, you can try adding some essential oils.

cassie gabriel said:
cassie gabriel
@cassie-gabriel
14 years ago
80 posts
sinse mine r newer then yours, should i go with your recipe? OPaulaO said:
Nope I don't. I have caucasian like hair and that would just make my hair oily(something I'm battling anyways) and slippery which would not allow it to lock. plus, they are only 3 weeks old. The cocoa butter should only be used if you dreads are (a) mature and (b) very dry.

For now all you need is the baking soda wash and a very weak acv rinse. If your hair gets oily you can skip the acv but you must rinse very well after the baking soda.
If your hair starts getting itchy without the acv, you can try adding some essential oils.

cassie gabriel said:
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
If you want. I'm a perfectionist, so all it is is SE's recipe and cut down. I didn't need to be pouring a gallon of the mixture on my head...most of it would just go down the drain. I actually divided and did so much math on this so it's exactly the strength and potency of SE's but just less xDI've used this since my dreadies were about a week old..and it works very well :)I'm really glad I could help!!! cassie gabriel said:
sinse mine r newer then yours, should i go with your recipe?
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Shucks Ricky..You make me blush!! XDD LOL ricky williams said:
Paula so new and already making a big splash :D good job and yeah her recipe seems good for new dreads i just eyeball it with a cup lol
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
theres an amazing homemade soap in our shops made by 1 of our members

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form