Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Naturalizing dreadlocks after using loose hair tool (dreadheadhq)

GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts

updated by @greygargoyle: 07/23/15 03:26:40AM
Raging Roots Amy
@raging-roots-amy
14 years ago
73 posts
Greg.... did you have more written originally? In 'My Page' there is all sorts of text that I can't find in this actual thread...Last night I washed my dreads (with DHHQ Dread Soap) and last night an this morning for some reason my scalp was SUPER itchy... LOL It was like my body was subconsciously angry at me for deciding to stop 'maintaining' my dreads. It made me want to try that shampoo recipe you showed me, SE.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
dhhq soap makes alot of ppl hasve very dry itchy scalpsthe bs/acv combo is wonderful cleans way better then anythingin fact sincde u just washed with dhhq wash again with baking soda and rince over a bowl..observe the color of rinse water..u maybe amazed how much dirt soaps miss KnottyMama said:
Greg.... did you have more written originally? In 'My Page' there is all sorts of text that I can't find in this actual thread...

Last night I washed my dreads (with DHHQ Dread Soap) and last night an this morning for some reason my scalp was SUPER itchy... LOL It was like my body was subconsciously angry at me for deciding to stop 'maintaining' my dreads. It made me want to try that shampoo recipe you showed me, SE.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
1. My name isn't Greg. It's Grey.2. Yes, I did write more but most people have the emotional state of a six year old and I thought my comment might be taken wrongly so I deleted it. I didn't want to upset you. KnottyMama said:
Greg.... did you have more written originally? In 'My Page' there is all sorts of text that I can't find in this actual thread...

Last night I washed my dreads (with DHHQ Dread Soap) and last night an this morning for some reason my scalp was SUPER itchy... LOL It was like my body was subconsciously angry at me for deciding to stop 'maintaining' my dreads. It made me want to try that shampoo recipe you showed me, SE.
Raging Roots Amy
@raging-roots-amy
14 years ago
73 posts
My apologies.... I have been reading your name wrong this whole time. I read as much saying that my dreads looked 'forced' (because technically they were through backcombing, sectioning, etc.), but I couldn't see more than that. I am honestly really curious to know what the rest of your post said. I'd like to think I am more mature than a six-year-old, personally... I know what your viewpoint is on grown vs. made dreads, so I am more than prepared to handle your criticism. I know what I like and you know what you like. :-) It's all good.
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Well basically I said that I saw someone say in the chat that you're dreads look mature and I don't agree with that at all. I think they looked forced which really is what they are so I hope you don't take offense to that. Mature dreads will appear tight like yours but they have more wild and earthy look and there is usually loose hair especially around the scalp. It's very easy to tell forced dreads apart from mature dreads. I don't know why people would even mistake one for the other. Of course, dreads are actually really rare in some places so when you see someone with really tight locks I guess most people that live there would assume that they are mature. But if you've seen a lot of natural dreads and then you compare them then the difference is really easy to see.As a person (from what I've read thus far) I do like you so I don't want you to be offended and that's why I deleted it and posted a goofy picture instead.I'm happy to hear that you're going to be naturalizing and I can't wait to see the progress. So I hope you stick with it.But yeah, try the baking soda ACV rinse it's awesome! KnottyMama said:
My apologies.... I have been reading your name wrong this whole time. I read as much saying that my dreads looked 'forced' (because technically they were through backcombing, sectioning, etc.), but I couldn't see more than that. I am honestly really curious to know what the rest of your post said. I'd like to think I am more mature than a six-year-old, personally... I know what your viewpoint is on grown vs. made dreads, so I am more than prepared to handle your criticism. I know what I like and you know what you like. :-) It's all good.
Emily
@emily
14 years ago
203 posts
im glad youve decided to let them do their own thing! its soo much easier to dread when you let them do it..i mean i palm rolled for like a month at first and even that made my worry about them, like if i missed a week of rolling theyd fall apart or something. i think people that slave over their dreads miss a big part of the dreading process, just letting go and accepting yourself just the way you look. hopefully once you start letting them be the ocd part will just disappear along with the maintenance. good luck :)
Courtney J
@courtney-j
14 years ago
100 posts
I used the dreadhead hq soap for a little bit and it totally made my scalp itchy and flaky. It also made my dreads feel dry and scratchy on my neck, like brillo pads. SE's wash works wonders and so does dr bronners in my opintion :)And congrats on letting your dreads do what they will. It was the best thing ive done for mine.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i always thought crochet dreads looked like theyd feel like brillo pads Courtney J said:
I used the dreadhead hq soap for a little bit and it totally made my scalp itchy and flaky. It also made my dreads feel dry and scratchy on my neck, like brillo pads. SE's wash works wonders and so does dr bronners in my opintion :)

And congrats on letting your dreads do what they will. It was the best thing ive done for mine.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Raging Roots Amy
@raging-roots-amy
14 years ago
73 posts
They did feel a LITTLE bit like brillo pads at first, LOL. They loosened up since then, though, thankfully. I knew that the Locking Accelerator (or any product with sea salt) can cause dryness and flakes (if you get it on your scalp, which I know you're not supposed to but sometimes happens anyway) so I had been avoiding that. (and YES, I know the DHHQ Lock Accelerator is glorified salt water, but it came in the kit so I'll use it 'till its gone and make my own salt water if I feel like it) I did NOT know that the soap could cause a problem, too. I will have to look more seriously into the BS wash/ACV rinse.Grey - thank you very much for posting what you did. :-) I'm glad you are feeling open enough to post your FULL opinion with me! I am not offended and I see what you're saying. Although, I do think people can have mature, tidy dreads (that resemble what mine did/do). To me maturity is really gauged through the tightness or hardness of the dreads and how much it compressed when squeezed. However, I will DEFINITELY agree that natural locks are very easy to differentiate from 'made' ones, so to speak.

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form