Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Brand New Dreads

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
your both name calling instead of talking maturelyok let me intervienorasnge clocks upset because you value a homeless person less then a real person and are afraid of looking homelessa homeless person is just you oer me after losing a home in this economy with forecloseures at an all timt hugh any one of ius here could be homeless tomorowso he just wants you to respect the homeless as much as anyone else and not act like tjey are undesirweableand then you reacted with anger and name calling so it escalated but there was no communication no discussion just bickeringso..time outbreathedont say a word either 1 of you till u can discuss it as freindsalso i thinki theres anger that going natural and the beautiful organic provess it is that we love so much youd concider a drawbackmost like you who dont go natural pannic over every loose hair theyre consdstantly dsisatisfied they hate theyre dreads alotbut those who embrace the mess of natural dreading love the things u gfear because they are sings the dreads are dreadingnow see it from both sides.. beautiful dreads are born inbeautiful chaoslearn to love not fear the craziness that is dreading

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/11/15 12:31:14AM
Orange Clock
@orange-clock
14 years ago
72 posts
Sorry . I could learn something good too. Peace.Try to relax about how they look now they will look good in future. Do nothing in particular and you will have to learn how to love yourself now. Even though your hair maybe a mess.Ignorance is bliss at this time Greg McInulty said:
Orange Clock is about as mature as a 5 year old. It's a shame not everyone can be as helpful as ricky and soaring eagle, and that there is always one jackass that has to ruin the whole forum
Greg McInulty
@greg-mcinulty
14 years ago
15 posts
In no way was I valuing a homeless person less, if I did I wouldn't be getting dreads in the first place. I didnt feel need to explain the situation fully but I guess I will to clear any confusion.I live in a high class neighbourhood and I go to a very academically based school. People are expected to look top notch. I'm not to worried PERSONALLY how they look becuase I KNOW they will look good eventually. I am worried about the looks in another perspective, because I don't want to get in trouble for having what looks to be poorly maintained hair, which is why I want them to look nice but not mess up the locking process at the same time.I'm sorry if my original post WAS offensive to anyone, it wasn't meant to be, I am simply looking for tips to avoid getting in trouble at school.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
tips for not getting in trouble at schoolthis is a spiritual journey for me as such i must stay as natural as can be the only compromises i can make and stay true to my beliefs is keeping them clean tying them back or covering themanything else youd ask would be a violation of my rights of religious expressioneven prisons cannot ask more then that (or ask the dreads to be covered for that mayyer according to civil rights lawsuits) Greg McInulty said:
In no way was I valuing a homeless person less, if I did I wouldn't be getting dreads in the first place. I didnt feel need to explain the situation fully but I guess I will to clear any confusion.
I live in a high class neighbourhood and I go to a very academically based school. People are expected to look top notch. I'm not to worried PERSONALLY how they look becuase I KNOW they will look good eventually. I am worried about the looks in another perspective, because I don't want to get in trouble for having what looks to be poorly maintained hair, which is why I want them to look nice but not mess up the locking process at the same time.I'm sorry if my original post WAS offensive to anyone, it wasn't meant to be, I am simply looking for tips to avoid getting in trouble at school.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Courtney J
@courtney-j
14 years ago
100 posts
I did a lot of experementing with mine for the first few months. The first month they looked pretty good but then started locking up and getting loopy, I fixed these with beads. You are going to get loose hair and bumps no matter what. Your dreads are going to stand up and stick out in weird directions, they will shrink some. I used sea salt water in a spray bottle and only washed them once a week or sometimes a little less. But seriously bro, they are not going to look how you expected them to. No two sets of dreads look alike. Wear a hat or bandana when youre not in school. Palm rolling only works (in my opinion) when your dreads are damp like an hour or so after you wash them. Dr Bronners, which you can get just about anywhere (think health food stores) works good for making your dreads soft and not scratchy. The baking soda wash is really good for making your scalp feel clean. I hope this helps :) just try different things but in all reality just letting them do their own thing is the best advice. They will NOT look good until they dread and lock up on their own and the more you force it the worse they look, I know from experience.
Orange Clock
@orange-clock
14 years ago
72 posts
Maybe you could wait until a time where your lifestyle and circumstance is different. Seriously though have a good think about it. If you are going to be too stressed about the outside world and your hair then you will only make it worse.Are there even any school rules that govern hairstyles?There were at my school. (not good, too many rules)
Greg McInulty
@greg-mcinulty
14 years ago
15 posts
Yea well I was one of those stupid people who was like"omg ill buy wax and just wax my hair all day everyday so they lock in 2 months and look super great" because thats what dreadheadhq taught me. And I HAVE put one serving of wax in them, they don't look any better then they did before the wax.I really like how they look though (including the pre wax look) from the back combing, but I'm also worried when I wash they will come undone...
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
They will loosen up after your first wash (thats usually the one that kinda makes ur face look like :O lol)but you can wait to see how they turn out, every one's a little different :)
Courtney J
@courtney-j
14 years ago
100 posts
They will come undone a little. I waited a quite awhile to wash the first time and I'm glad I did. My current profile pic was taken about a week or so after backcombing, check out some of my other ones to get an idea of how they will progress and change. It's very interesting. Greg McInulty said:
Yea well I was one of those stupid people who was like
"omg ill buy wax and just wax my hair all day everyday so they lock in 2 months and look super great" because thats what dreadheadhq taught me. And I HAVE put one serving of wax in them, they don't look any better then they did before the wax.

I really like how they look though (including the pre wax look) from the back combing, but I'm also worried when I wash they will come undone...
Greg McInulty
@greg-mcinulty
14 years ago
15 posts
okay so my friend told me with her dreads she soaked them in super saturated salt water twice a month, backcombed after that and, well, didnt wash her hair. she said he dreads matured in a little over 2 months and after that time she was able to wash her hair and they wouldnt comeun done or even loosen up. has anyone heardof this method and can vouch for it?

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form