Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Brand New Dreads

IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
doing so much to your hair, while trying to make it look like you did nothing at all...why dont you start by backcombing them all after stripping them with glycerin and isopropyl, and then add an aluminum oxide abrasive during back combing, followed by a sodium chloride lock promoter.then after most of them will unlock immediately after u washed them, it will be an uphill battle of palm rolling, tip blunting, and sodium chloride treatments since then.i am kidding?Maybe... maybe not.
updated by @illumiknotty: 07/12/15 08:23:01AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
sounds nasty and very damaging she rebackcombed several times? and super saturated sea salt will eat holes in your skin and hair u want a weak solution i think sea water is 0.05%? thats about what u want a spoonful in a spray bottle no moreand rebackcombings a terible ideaanything u do to rush maturity will decrease tye lifespan of the dreads..they will dread fast enough your just \days in and wanting to rush? dreads are a lesson in patience so sit back relax and learn to accept the ride Greg McInulty said:
okay so my friend told me with her dreads she soaked them in super saturated salt water twice a month, backcombed after that and, well, didnt wash her hair. she said he dreads matured in a little over 2 months and after that time she was able to wash her hair and they wouldnt comeun done or even loosen up. has anyone heardof this method and can vouch for it?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
You seem to be in a feisty mood today....well, more than usual... IllumiKnotty said:
doing so much to your hair, while trying to make it look like you did nothing at all...

why dont you start by backcombing them all after stripping them with glycerin and isopropyl, and then add an aluminum oxide abrasive during back combing, followed by a sodium chloride lock promoter.

then after most of them will unlock immediately after u washed them, it will be an uphill battle of palm rolling, tip blunting, and sodium chloride treatments since then.

i am kidding?
Maybe... maybe not.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
backcombing is not dreading thats what u need to know backcombubg has never been a part of dreading untill recentlyin order for dreading to happen after backcombing the backcombed haor must unravel loosen up and reconfigure itself into dreadsthis cant be forced but allowedsea salt can speed it slightly so can wool hats but ..in the end only time will cause dreadsthats the simplest truth

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Greg McInulty
@greg-mcinulty
14 years ago
15 posts
I absolutely wish I had found this site before dreadheadhq!You guys here are all SO helpful, and from seeing pictures of your dreads it obviously does work. You guys should all be proud ofyourselves, seriously.
iluvblutak
@iluvblutak
14 years ago
18 posts
hey dude, i did what u did (minus the wax) and was anxious about them unravelling etc but after joining this site realised that i need to just leave them alone. so since then my hair has come undone, loosened, tightened, looped, bumped and the rest, including all the stay hairs etc. even though its only been like 2 months, i can see i difference, they are tightening up by themselves, all i do is washing with baking soda and acv rinse.just try not to worry about it, ignore it and one day u'll suddenly realise that ur hairs amazing

/ 4
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form