Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hair forks?? COOL!

Angel Frye
@angel-frye
11 years ago
409 posts

Can we use these in our hair? Anyone tried them? Purple heart wood brass Japanese lotus hair fork

Purple heart wood brass Japanese lotus hair fork

I can twist my locks up(they're on the small side) and use chopsticks in them to hold it but I wonder about hair forks. Anyone have an opinion?

You can find these all over on Etsy. Just search "hair forks."

updated by @angel-frye: 11/13/15 10:50:10PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

I've see them around. Not on locks, though. But I have wondered the same thing. I feel that you might be able to use them on super thin locks, but probably only after they are mature. I wouldn't mess with them on baby locks

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

yea agree

but locks are great for tying up locks u need nothin else

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

They are very pretty indeed. As long as they are not poked through a dread, they are safe to use. If poked inside of a dread, you can break hairs, weakening the entire structure of them. Just be careful...peace

Angel Frye
@angel-frye
11 years ago
409 posts

Noodle, erm I can't really explain how it works ... it's kinda like trying to explain how a stapler works, ya know?

You twist the hair up in a spiraled knot and then when it's all nicely shaped you stab it through with a few chopsticks. It acts like a stabilizer. It doesn't always work, though. Some people's hair just falls out of the bun after a few minutes. I used to be able to put my hair up in a chopstick bun very easily years and years ago but now that I've locked up it's a little more difficult becauese you're not supposed to put that initial rubber banded pony tail on so tight on dreaded hair. So if that's not tight then the bun has an increased tendency to fall down. Hence my interest in hair forks.

I tried making a fork-like shape out of chopsticks and using it like that(three pronged) but it didn't work in my hair like it shoes in the hair fork picture. My hair fell down.

I think you're right Barrellady, on not using them in immature locks. I stabbed through some babies(that sound so wrong) while putting my hair up in a bun and it hurt like the dickens. Pulled.

Hmm.. may want to make sure the hair fork is polished really really smooth so as it doesn't snag on locks as it goes between them.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form