Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

the way of the rainbow warrior

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
yea sounds like its what i thought, like in missoirri theres the "gsthering of the tribes" simular thing mostly ppl that didnt wanna travel to the real gatherings but they held it at the same time and try to trick ppl into thinking its the same thing..the real gastherings are like 40,000 kid villiage alone is like 2,000 or more kids we provide all food at over 100 kitchens plus main kitchens serve a massive main meadow dinner where maybe 8-10 thousand share a huge meal together

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/09/15 11:05:27AM
sam
@sam
15 years ago
40 posts
Wow, thats amazing. soaringeagle said:
yea sounds like its what i thought, like in missoirri theres the "gsthering of the tribes" simular thing mostly ppl that didnt wanna travel to the real gatherings but they held it at the same time and try to trick ppl into thinking its the same thing..

the real gastherings are like 40,000 kid villiage alone is like 2,000 or more kids we provide all food at over 100 kitchens plus main kitchens serve a massive main meadow dinner where maybe 8-10 thousand share a huge meal together
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
lotsa good queastions so i'll try to adrewss each individualy.SE, how many have you attended?i lost tractim guessing between regionalds and nationals ..upper 30's to 40ishmore likely 30s since i missed a couple years and didnt average 2 a year..35-38 is a good guessAnd could you tell us what it's really like?most amazing life changing experience you will ever have.from the time you arive you feel at home, loved at peace..accespted and a part of something unique and magicalAre 'drainbows' or folks who are not truly passionate ever a serious issue?serius issue? they are there, part of the experience..they dont contribute as much as they should..but they are part of it too theyre good for a toke a smoke or a joke..but no help when it comes to crarying water wood or digging a shitter.I imagine the word spreads that such a gathering is happening and a lot of locals who would rather spectate than participate come. Whats are the gatherings feelings towards them?they are family tootheyre welcomed and made a part of it too as much as possible, however if theyre comming to party and drink theyre stopped at a-camp and they drink there since the drinkers are usualy the type to cause trouble.What about hidden hierarchies? none.. there are those concidered "elders" or "high holies" who are just more experienced gatherers (elders) or more vocal who act like "i know more then you so pay attention to me" (high holies) nbut they have absolutely no more influence then any 1st timers, however they may or may not get a lil more respect when they speakin general everyone who speaks at coulcil should get 100% respect but some individuals maybe looked at as more egomaniacs while others looked yup to as wise teachers... that doesnt mean they dont get equal respect and theyre words judged on the merits of what they say..a single 1st timer can go against the will of all the mostyt experienced by blocking a consensus..and that block will stand untill the topic of the decisions refined to the satisfaction of everyone attending.Who started it? i am not sure of every individual involved only a few i know well. the hipstory is rather involved, but it started by a handful of individuals, several involved in helping vietnam draft dodgers, during the time alot of small "famalies" formed, just people that felt connected, and they came together to talk over this idea, the idea came out of a vission barry plunker had of 144,000 gathered on a mountaintop to pray for peace. the 1st garthering was meant to be a 1 time event, 10,000 approx showed upthe last day some unknown person put a sign buy the trail with "next year montana?" the next year thousands showed up in montana with no plan no organization no clue where to go.. so they sat down in a council and worked out the details..and from there it spread around the worldso..who started it..a vission..n but it really was started by everyone who sat down that day and figured out how to make it continue.runs the 'unofficial site'?theres lots and lots of unoficial sites but you probly mean welcomehome.org rob savoyrob (i maybe wronbg on this) is or was the ceo of cygnus..or at least was somehow connected with that.rob runs the rainbow radio communications network too, having set up solar powered repeater stations that alow shante sena calm front gate etc to communicate by radio.welcomehere.orgh however is run by the peace conspiracy that runs a psudo gathering at the same time and has used scumbag tactics antd even threats to bully rob trying ti force him into listing non rainbow events on his page so rob no longer lists any events and peace conspiracy lists real rainboiw and fake side by side.Who picks THE spot? well thats a big question.july 7th begins "vission council" all are welcome ofcopurse. vission counciol picks a region then scouting begins with scouting councils, thanksgiving council etc then scoutting councils report to spring council with recomended sites and spring council settles on which site will be the selected site, seed camp begins the next dayso the process takes a yearI see there is a council, who is this compromised of?there are many councils, each kitchen has a council family coubncil is main council theres shante sena council (safety and protection) main suply etcall councils are open to everybody even 2 year oldsonly 1 council has restrictions..banking council which is open to all, but has appointed members too, the appointments change though, between gatherings..seed camp..main gathering and cleanup each section of the cycle has new memnbers.. no banking decision can be made without 3 appointed members presentbut still every gatherer has equal say.the appointments just prevent abuse.I also noticed there is an 'A-camp' where those who consume alcohol are quarantined, so to speak. Why?alcahol is very counterproductive to the deep spiritual peaceful vibe of the gathering, often alcahol abuse leads to fighing, agressive behavior..a-camp serves a purpose though, drunken locals out to "bash hippies" or gawk at naked hippie chicks or otherwise cause trouble stop at a-camp when they realizre they cant drink past the trail head so all trouble stays outside the gathering itself.we love our a-camp family because they are still family, just sick with the diseases of alcaholism.. but it can be pure hell there, not a pleasant peaceful place like the gathering..and that crazy unconfortable vibe of a-camp would ruin the bliss of the gathering if it was mixed in .a-camp tends to "shake down" new arivals for beer money, even agressivlythere are so many fights and extreme alcahol abuse 1/2 the kids will have black eyes..it really is best kept seperate..in fact many wish a-camp didnt exist at all, but its looked at as a nesacary evil. Ouroboros said:
Sounds amazing. I'm staying tuned for 2010 and would love to attend. Reading about this gathering strikes a serious chord within me and fills me with exuberance. Thank you for telling us about this and I look forward to learning more.

Doing a bit of research, it seems this is a truly unconventional gathering and also quite controversial. I see there is some serious strife with the US Govt, regarding permits, destruction of property and general unruliness. It pains me to see, but I do see where they are coming from, partially at least, having never attended.

SE, how many have you attended? And could you tell us what it's really like? Are 'drainbows' or folks who are not truly passionate ever a serious issue? I imagine the word spreads that such a gathering is happening and a lot of locals who would rather spectate than participate come. Whats are the gatherings feelings towards them?

What about hidden hierarchies? I know it says everyone is equal. I just have a hard time grasping this, maybe it's a dream come true or a delusion. Who started it? Who runs the 'unofficial site'? Who picks THE spot? I see there is a council, who is this compromised of?

Any and all perspective and input is appreciated from any attendees!

I also noticed there is an 'A-camp' where those who consume alcohol are quarantined, so to speak. Why? Nothing is inherently legal, so why are these folks treated differently? It seems counter-productive to the goals of egalitarianism, peace and understanding this group tries so hard to achieve. I could be wrong though and accept that. :)

As I said, this really has struck a chord with me and I'm starving for some first hand information.... Thanks.

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
wait till u watch the videos :) Maegan said:
This is so very insperational...I have never heard of the Rainbow Family before now, and I am glad I have learned about them, maybe I will come to a gathering some day :)
Thank you Soaring Eagle for sharing this!
Love ya - Maegan
p.s-still listening to the music you sent me, and still loving it!

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
that was impressive for sure but many of the kitchens travel round doing that all year longone landed in my neighbourhood back in philly and completely transformed the neighbourhoodwhen you go to a gathering you take a bit of it home with you and becomne a better person. you shine love you do good u become more givingso when u see a need so great you cant help but act Maegan said:
Wow, everything that you guys did for New Orleans...this is all so amazing! It is so beautiful to see such wonderful people join together to help eachother...it is what everyone in this world should be doing!

soaringeagle said:
wait till u watch the videos :)

Maegan said:
This is so very insperational...I have never heard of the Rainbow Family before now, and I am glad I have learned about them, maybe I will come to a gathering some day :)
Thank you Soaring Eagle for sharing this!
Love ya - Maegan
p.s-still listening to the music you sent me, and still loving it!

--
Kundalini Rise
@kundalini-rise
14 years ago
67 posts
Awesome.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ask her windowgirl said:
my mom use to attend. ive heard her mention it many times. i wander why she stopped going? lol

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well this summer you and mom are both comming windowgirl said:
she said she got left behind. she was young and the old duffers she hung out with, apparently felt like things were changing and they receded and wouldnt let her go with them.
she speaks nothing but good of her time spent. i plan to share this link with her : )

soaringeagle said:
ask her

windowgirl said:
my mom use to attend. ive heard her mention it many times. i wander why she stopped going? lol

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
east coast either pa vt nh nc tenn or kentuky www.rainbowgatherings.org www.welcomehome.org www.welcomehere.org windowgirl said:
lol, ok. is there somewhere i can refer to where yall will be next, so i know where were going? : )

soaringeagle said:
well this summer you and mom are both comming

windowgirl said:
she said she got left behind. she was young and the old duffers she hung out with, apparently felt like things were changing and they receded and wouldnt let her go with them.
she speaks nothing but good of her time spent. i plan to share this link with her : )

soaringeagle said:
ask her

windowgirl said:

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
seed camp builds the gathering .. builds bridges kitchens lays out miles of water pipes and filtering stations digs shitters and firepits etc.. breeze said:
Forgive me for sounding dumb or unlearned but what is SEED camp?

--

/ 6

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form