Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Need Help With Dandruff!

paulmarley
@paul-chirita
11 years ago
40 posts

While my hair doesn't get as oily as it used to, this dandruff problem is getting really really frustrating. I wash every 2-3 days and I can still see dandruff flakes in my hair right after washing. What am I doing wrong? This is how I wash my hair: I fill up a 1 litre bottle with water then add 100g of baking soda, 4 drops of teatree oil and 4 drops of rosemary. I then wet my hair with water then pour the bottle with the baking soda mixture over my head, go do something else for about 20 minutes and then rinse the baking soda out with water. After that, I pour a bottle of 1 litre of water and 30ml ACV over my head and then rinse it out right away. So, any suggestions? Thanks!

updated by @paul-chirita: 02/14/15 12:28:53PM
Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

Get a good dreads shampoo. BS doesn't agree with everyone.

peace

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

www.dreadlockshampoo.com the teareea rosemary 1 and stop hot water

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
paulmarley
@paul-chirita
11 years ago
40 posts

Isn't there anything else you suggest? I live in Romania and it would be kind of expensive to get the shampoo. I always use water as cold as I can take. Can you recommend me something else?

Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

You can try essential oils in your BS, or in the rinse. Rosemary, patchouli, etc. Do a search on here for more info about that. I didn't have any success until I tried a good shampoo. Some one else will chime in, with first hand experience.

peace

paulmarley
@paul-chirita
11 years ago
40 posts

I don't see why the BS method wouldn't work, I must be doing something wrong. I already always add essential oils (rosemary and teatree). One thing I noticed is that the baking soda doesn't seem to dissolve at all in the water (when I mix it with water in the bottle), even tho I always shake the bottle. Should it dissolve? Also, after pouring the BS mix over my head I can see a lot of the baking soda powder on the top of my head.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

The BS should all dissolve. If it doesn't you could be leaving a base in your hair and scalp longer than you should. This, by itself will fry your hair and scalp. On top of that, if any BS is left on your scalp, it will react with the ACV rinse, releasing heat and burning your scalp. This will create dry and cracked skin, looking a lot like dandruff. Does it itch?

paulmarley
@paul-chirita
11 years ago
40 posts

Thanks for the reply! It never itches. When I said the BS doesn't dissolve I mean it doesn't dissolve in the bottle I put it in. After I wait for 20 mins and then rinse it out with water it's no longer on my head, so when I apply the ACV rinse there's no BS left on my head. But how can I make the BS dissolve, tho?

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

I am not sure of your measurements, so here they are: 1/2 cup BS ( .24 litres) mixed into 5 cups water (1.18 litres), pour over soaked wet head and leave on for 10-20 minutes to exfoliate the scalp. Rinse out well. Next mix 1 capful of ACV to 5 cups water (1.18 liter). Rinse out within one minute. Finish off with a cold head rinse, as cold as you can take. If you have hard water, you will have to mix the BS with bottled water. ...Peace

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

100g BS= ~.4cups. So that amount of BS is alright.

But if you have hard water, it won't dissolve, which could easily be causing the problem. For ease, you could use bottled water. Or you could do the boiling method (message me if you want details on how to do this).

Is the flaky stuff gooey when your hair is still wet? Or can you not see anything until your hair dries?

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form