Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Need Help With Dandruff!

paulmarley
@paul-chirita
11 years ago
40 posts

I can see the flakes when it's still wet. Hmmmm, I'm not sure, but I think I actually saw in the front hair something a little gooey, not sure tho, could be just water. I don't know if I have soft water or hard water here in Romania. Any way to find out? Would really appreciate it if you could tell me about this boiling method.

updated by @paul-chirita: 07/16/15 09:17:57AM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

I can't seem to find info on your water quality. But you could contact your local water department and see if you can find out. It can be a hassle to call government offices, but it's not too bad if you know what you want to find out.

Just ask them about the dissolved mineral content of the local tap water in your district, county, watershed, etc. Whatever you call them over there.

With the boiling method:

1) fill a pot with water

2) boil it

3) Let it cool

4) GENTLY (I can't stress this enough) pour the amount of water you want into your bottle. DON'T use all of the water. You need to leave some at the bottom of the pot, because any undissolved minerals will have sunk to the bottom. By using it all, you just end up remixing the minerals back into your wash, which you are trying to prevent

5) mix you BS well, so that none is left undissolved

6) wash with it

7) rinse it off.

8) to be on the safe side, rinse with the same boiled water, too. But again, don't use it all. Leave some at the bottom which have the minerals in it.

You don't need to use the boiled water for the ACV since ACV doesn't dissolve in the water, it just dilutes.

paulmarley
@paul-chirita
11 years ago
40 posts

Thanks a lot! I will try this method and come back with results.

paulmarley
@paul-chirita
11 years ago
40 posts

Here I am with an update. So I tried your method and it didn't seem to work, also I didn't notice any minerals at the bottom. I think my central heating might filter out the hard water, but I'm not sure. After trying a few methods, I finally managed to dissolve the baking soda. What I did was after mixing the BS with water, rosemary and everything else I boiled the whole BS mix and it dissolved.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form