Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
Sawdog
@sawdog
14 years ago
8 posts
Someone told me I should use honey, castor oil n pure shea butter in my hair, Why should I?
updated by @sawdog: 02/14/15 05:41:00AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
teyre idiotsshae butter is a conditioner though..for african hair its good cause u get dry and brittle easy..use only when your feelin dryhoney is a stupid idea..like wax

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lonnie Berg
@lonnie-berg
14 years ago
219 posts
I've heard that Shae Butter is an excellent natural conditioner, but honey or castor oil, no way Brother!!!!!!!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
honey is used to prevent balding..but put sticky honey in dreads? ewwwwwunless you like flies and bees so much you want em buzzing round your head all day

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jessica
@jessica
14 years ago
70 posts
From experience never use honey. The only thing it will do is make you stick to everything you come in contact with haha. I did it in the beginning, bad idea!
Orange Clock
@orange-clock
14 years ago
72 posts
So you can gain a lot of insect friends very quickly
Jessica
@jessica
14 years ago
70 posts
haha probably Perculator said:
So you can gain a lot of insect friends very quickly
Снегурочка
@снегурочка
14 years ago
8 posts
I had a recipe for dreads that called for a TSP of honey for about a pint - also included tea tree oil, aloe juice, salt, IIRC. I made it, and I really liked the way it calmed my hair down in the early days. I didn't have any problems with bees, stickiness, etc. In fact, my hair felt great, washed clean when I washed again, and the fly-aways were gone.That said, pure honey on the hair is not something I would try. A nice salt/honey facial scrub on the other hand...
Sawdog
@sawdog
14 years ago
8 posts
Thanks everyone, i made a decision and i am not going to try honey no time soon.
Danielle Young
@danielle-young
13 years ago
6 posts
I've used raw honey in my hair in a mix of other things to give it a good conditioning. It was not sticky and I never attracted any bugs, living in Texas we have a lot of them. It did great in my hair, conditioned better than store bought products yet the integrity of my locs remained unchanged. However, like any other deep/regular conditioner, you do have to rinse it out. There is no conditioner I would leave in even if it is labeled to be left in, so the honey does not remain in the hair. My profile pic with my hair being very shiny was after that particular treatment.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form