Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Wish me luck!

Jayke Watson
@jayke-watson
11 years ago
118 posts

Okay so I heard from the Head of Senior School at my school that the Principal wanted to talk to me about cutting my hair (I go to an Anglican private school) and just before the end of the day he said he wanted me in his office tomorrow morning. At first I was a little worried, but then I thought through it methodically and have worked out that there is no way that they can get me to cut (or brush) my hair. Reason 1: The policy states that boys hair cannot go past the bottom of their collar or cover their face at the front, which once my hair is tied up, it doesn't. Reason 2: Last year one of the Year 12 boys at my school had really long hair and he was allowed to have it tied up so they've set a precedent.

I'm not actually that worried about it anymore but I thought I should just let everyone know that I'm on the front lines defending my dreadiness tomorrow and was hoping that some people would wish me luck or be with me in spirit!

Jayke

updated by @jayke-watson: 01/13/15 09:52:04PM
Kimberly Eve
@kimberly-eve
11 years ago
59 posts
Luck! Sounds like you have a plan!
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Hang tough on this one and fight for your rights as a human being!

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Contact Soaring Eagle, he has letters that state why you can't be forced to cut your dreads. He can send you one and you can print it off for the school...Peace

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

explain its ilegal descrimination and i dont know what angelican means or whar they believe in but you can explain that the bible states that by alowing the hair to grow and dread iuntouched its the most holy thing you can do

and you will not go against your beliefs for any mere mortals

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jayke Watson
@jayke-watson
11 years ago
118 posts
Hey guys, thanks for all of the support! I spoke to him this morning and he was really calm and friendly about it but he wouldn't compromise and asked me to cut it, so I'm preparing all of my arguments which pretty much go like, we have a Sikh at our school and he doesn't have to, girls don't have to so neither do I, and it's not even in the policy that I can't have long hair tied up so I'll talk to him again in the next few days and report back :)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form