Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

new to dreading

Kiara
@kiara
11 years ago
5 posts
I'm under age...so I can't completely dread my hair. However I would like to have onelittle dread lock until I'm older. Can anyone tell me the easiest way to do it, to clean it, and also their reason for dreading? :) thanks
updated by @kiara: 01/13/15 09:51:47PM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

I think that the best way to do one dread is to use the twist & rip method. Here is a posting by SE on how to do it:

yea exactly twist once each "rip" u want to divide the section into differently sized pieces totally random 1 rip its ok if 1 sides got 10 hairs and the other 1000 the next rip could be 900 100 etc total random amounts of hair in each side u pull apart do 5-10 pulls in between eve4y twist i heard 1 person say that completely letting it go to fall straight before the next twist helps avoid the braided look

so twist rip rip rip rip rip rip rip let go grab retwist rip rip rip rip rip..repeat

I bet it won't be the last one you ever make...Peace and have fun with it.
Kiara
@kiara
11 years ago
5 posts
Thank you :) I'll definitely try it out
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Since you will only be having one (at least for now), wash how you usually do, but just make sure you get all the shampoo out of the dread or residue will be left behind. Try not to get any conditioner on that dread or it may reverse any progress you are having with it. If you find that the one dread is getting a residue buildup from the shampoo, then just use Neutrogena anti-residue on the single lock to remove buildup...hope this helps..Peace

Oh yeah, you can also find a video on here on how to do it, just use the search section near the top left of the page and type in the key word "twist & rip how to video". That will get you to postings made

Kiara
@kiara
11 years ago
5 posts
Thank you! This is really helpful
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

under 1?

theres no age limit to dread

u can have 1 if u want 1 but you soon will want more

easiest way to dread stop combing

there s alot of options for cleaning

reasion for dreading..life..love..bliss

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kiara
@kiara
11 years ago
5 posts
What I meant by underage is that I would get in trouble with my family for fully dreading my hhair. I'm sure it won't be such a big deal if I have 1.
JavaLizard
@javalizard
11 years ago
89 posts

Kiara, I would ask for two, then you can use them to keep up your hair, or use it as a head band etc. Once my daughter gets a little older that is what we will start her on.

I appreciate very much that you respect your family so much!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form