Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Curly locks

Chanel smith
@chanel-smith
11 years ago
1 posts
Hey so i'm chanel and i'm 15 and just started dreading two days ago. I put rubber bands in my hair to keep the dreads from separating but i'm taking them out. But i washed my hair and i'm mixed so my hair NATURALLY curls and so did the dreads! And if i take the rubber bands out i'm afraid my hair will really REALLY curl :/ So will they straighten out? Any tips? Check out my pics before i took the shower and see if there's anything extra i could do?
updated by @chanel-smith: 01/13/15 09:51:42PM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Your two day old dreads are not really dreads at all, they are the roadmap to your dreads. They will do all sorts of changes to become the mature dreads you want. Curly hair usually does dread faster. Everyone need to separate their sections from joining onto others, you just may have to do that every day or every other day. Just go through your hair and see if any are joining together, if so, gently grab the two sections and start ripping them apart, going up towards the root area. Stop just before the roots. It is best to do this when hair is wet because the water makes it stronger. But if you need to do it every day that won't be possible, but you could wet the area with a spray bottle to help you. Clean hair dreads faster, in the beginning it is recommended to wash every 2-3 days as oily hair and scalp will cause knots to slip out. Your sections you made may/will loosen and some may fall out, that is okay as they need to loosen to start the journey. If your hair starts to curl, don't worry, just keep the sections separated and you will be fine. Expect a wild looking ride in the first few months and hair shrinkage later on. All of this will get your beautiful dreads that will last you a lifetime....Oh yeah your question will they straighten out...when mature they will be the shape of dreads, not curly and wild anymore...

.peace

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

young dreads will vbe rather curly and crazty

then get loopy and fun

then settle down straighten out and gedt "mature"

now your 115 you know how wild and unpredictable a teen ager can be

thats your dresds loopy stage when every day they try to get new peircings tatoosd mohawks u name it

run around being lil wild

but by 23 your settling in to maturity

by 33 much more stable etc

dreads go through alot in 1 year

from birth to midle aged very quickly they will settle down and get in a ri\ut in no time so enjoy the misbehsilng wildness while it lasts

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jennaleigh Moonflower
@jennaleigh-moonflower
11 years ago
14 posts

Your hair is gonna be so cute when it locks up! Curly dreads are awesome and look so natural. My hair is naturally straight with no curl whatsoever. I still have loops and crazy ones but that is the beauty in just letting them do thier own thing.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form