Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Starting a mess im thinking??

ash kerley
@ash-kerley
11 years ago
28 posts

Just done my 5th wash today used the bs/acv rinse,NOt sure if i need the rinse,Have straight some what oily hair...,Used (backcomb some to start them) about 4 weeks old..IM having tons of problems with the roots coming undone and splitting..BUt mostly staying together..With the wash it left somebehind maybe im not rinsing good enough? i was tryning to be very gentle when i was rinsing,sence their pretty new still,,Any tips? and anything elese i need to be doing besides seperating them after wash etc? been thinking the roots and all the loose hair is going to turn into big knot lol,,Heres a pic..THanks guys been lots of help this month helping me get started...

updated by @ash-kerley: 02/14/15 09:09:50AM
ash kerley
@ash-kerley
11 years ago
28 posts

trying to do something with the sideshow bob look to when i go out in public,,Feel like the head bands are killing my knots and stoping them from trying to set in....

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

skip the acv if your oily

what ratio of bs to water did u use

bvackcomb causes that clown look ..not a fan

they will settle down

go to http://shops.dreadlockssite.com get yourself a tam

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
ash kerley
@ash-kerley
11 years ago
28 posts

yeah your telling me eagle,i much reather used a different method,But my hair is very short,,,and i used a 20 oz bottle,, and just little over 1/4th a cup,,, i just been squirting it out the bottle letting run threw hair?,, my shower head pretty stong wasnt trying to directly rinse under...Just having alot problem with locks splitting and alot the roots are coming undone as you can tell in the picture??..anything elese i need to be doing,,i just been seperating and twisting a little to stay in place///THanks eagle....I checkd out that site im getting one this weekend,,Need something to make bob go away for the meantime haha,Hate putting headbands on seems very tight and shifts my hair in unwanted places...Not to mention the hair pulls out etc......

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Wash, separate and wear a tam when you go out in public right now if you hate the "sideshow Bob" look. (sorry, your words). . The backcoming must be tight to stand up like that, but with the loosening, and new growth, they will settle down as Soaring Eagle said. You are not having problems with the roots coming undone, newly made sections are suppose to loosen in order to go on their dread journey. Twit & Rip, and backcombing are not dreads, but the blueprints to our future dreads. They still need to go on a journey of looping, zig zagging, loosening, shrinking and maturing into dreads. So please feel no sweat over the changes that will happen to those sections. As long as your scalp is good, then all is well. Just enjoy the ride and the crazy beginning you are having.

Stop twisting, you should never do anything but separate them now. You may cause future damage to your scalp, including hair loss. Peace

ash kerley
@ash-kerley
11 years ago
28 posts

THanks buddy for the info, tam would be something i need then,,Its been almost a month and i can see alot thus far,,Still tryin to figure out if i need to use sea salt spray if its actually helping. and how long and when to wash out...THings im having to figure out on the ride..My hair was only about 5 1/2 inches when i started so i didnt backcomb alot,didnt have any (puffballs) lol

ash kerley
@ash-kerley
11 years ago
28 posts

so i shouldnt be backcomb the end of my hairs every so ofter? i have about inch or so of straight hair at the end..Not sure if i need to be doing anything to help them out..

Call Tucker
@call-tucker
11 years ago
27 posts

honestly those look good for 4 week old dreads. and yes the backcombing is mostly likely the reason they stick up. I backcombed mine to, and after about 4 months they are starting to tighten up a little, while laying down flatter at the same time. I would recommend a tam as well if you dont like how the headband makes them stick up. But sleeping on them is the main thing that is going to cause them to dread, so dont worry about the headband too much. But yeah, their still baby dreads, and your going to be dealing with a lot of loose-ness and frizz. Theres nothing you can really do about that. They will certainly tighten up though in 5 months or so. A salt water spray will definatley speed up that process a little. Good Luck

ash kerley
@ash-kerley
11 years ago
28 posts

THanks man for the info,Im trying not to mess with to much but i think things are coming along pretty well,,Ive been using the sea salt spary, WHen/How should i use it..I hear to let sit for a few days,,Other 20 mins?

Call Tucker
@call-tucker
11 years ago
27 posts

Its fine to stay in your hair for a few days. You want to make sure to keep an eye on your hair, because the sea salt spray can dry it out really bad, and kinda hurt your hair. If you live in a humid area, it will help a lot. If you live in a really dry area, take it easy, maybe not even at all. Jamaicans and people who live by the beach have it really nice, because its both humid and salty area, which helps speed up the process a ton. But yeah just keep an eye on it, if it starts to get too dry, just wash it out and try a little less. Good luck! and keep in mind time is the only thing thats gonna get em tight and mature.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form