Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

project brainwash- how some sites convince you made dreads are better then grown dreads

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
in the past 10 years there's been a alarming trend in the dread worlda sudden change from all dreads being natural, to backcombing waxing crocheting and rubbing/rolling all day being the norm, and most accepted form, in fact now most people dont even believe there is any other way!so how did this happen so fast?blame the product pushersit wasnt enough making harmful products at rediculouse prices, no, they needed total control of an emerging market..this required brainwashing..how did they brainwash the masses?1st.. you gotta discredit the thousands of years old method..naturalthey lied saying you will always look a total mess, be dirty and gross, and scare you with estimates of 4 years or more before they look like (messy) dreads2nd.. you gotta again lie and offer a solution, instant dreads, wax to glue em in backcombing to create dreads in a day..a ritual of rubbing rolling and crocheting to avoid the dreaded real dread look.3rd..insult the inteligence of anyone who dared think for themselves, if you thought why make dreads if dreads happen, or tought wait, isnt wax a residue and dont u say avoid residues they call you idiots too dumb to understand.4th.. hide the truth..only alow praise never complaints to be seen..praise only from those trying it for 1st time4 way too early to realize the dangers5th..flood the world with lies, making it seem like they are from many trustworthy sourcesthey pretend to be the only authority..so you simply accept the lies as truth

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/14/15 09:15:02AM
Emily
@emily
14 years ago
203 posts
right on se! johnny clean is out there insinuating anyone who doesnt use his method is dirty. hes the one with a sticky head full of wax, peppa, butta, and crazy! lolits hard to find good info on dreads online. if you google dreads you get dreadhead and knottyboy telling you to use wax. thats how people get brainwshed when they're trying to learn about dreadlocks online.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
u also get perfectdreadlocks howtodread and oters that are just clones..doorways to those sites..plus on wiki and yahoo answers many saying u must backcomb and wax with links to those sites

--
Jim the Kraken
@jim-the-kraken
14 years ago
81 posts
thats exacly how i fell into the trap!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
dont feel bad..thousands dobut u know ow to unbrainwash? seek the real truth Jim the Kraken said:

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
odviosly his profits are being impacted by truth...got him scared i guess..how many members are there?oh but he adds all those kids with 80,000 freinds who add anyone just to make it seem like hes got alot

--
Emily
@emily
14 years ago
203 posts
haha new site slogan: dreadlockssite.com- unbrainwash yourself! soaringeagle said:
dont feel bad..thousands do

but u know ow to unbrainwash? seek the real truth

Jim the Kraken said:
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
What's more worse than the companies is the media itself,whens the last time you saw beautiful locks anywhere on TV that wasn't criticized?then for the people who love locks, they go to various search engines and old information that places wax as a viable solution to "MAKE" locksthats the worst part though, the belief that you go to get them done, washed, maintained, then poof one day they will be there awesome, usually the people who do it this way cut their locks as quickly as the thought that put them there came to them originally, kinda sad in that perspective when the potential significance of them is squandered.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i dont have facebook or id do this but..why dont u join his groupchallenge him to an open debate..we will help u in chatbut...make sure he promices to allow it to be open, vissible to all the members and stay that way Knottysleeves said:
Not many, only a couple hundred. There's a "natural no-product dreads" group that has just as many members, though.

Definitely, I think he's losing sales now that truly balanced information is getting out there. I love small businesses (I'm one myself!) and he's got just as much right as anyone to earn a living... but the way he pushes the wax/product philosophy (and blames any & all problems on the customer) does a real disservice to the public, many of whom don't know how wax really works and what it does to dreads over time. If he was truly open & honest about the risks of wax -- rather than just blaming all issues on the user -- then it wouldn't bother me.

Sad that so many people take the wax seller's word as gospel when there are so many dissatisfied customers out there. But what can you do? People nowadays want instant results, and that's what he sells, so it's no surprise he does a lot of sales. Mistakes are learning experiences though -- I don't regret starting my first set with wax, as it taught me a very valuable lesson about what NOT to do next time. :-)

--
Emily
@emily
14 years ago
203 posts
oh yeah, that wouldnt be too good for wax business would it lol. hes scared of the truth Knottysleeves said:
I've already offered (via a private Twitter conversation) to have an open, honest, public discussion about wax & products. He never replied.

soaringeagle said:
i dont have facebook or id do this but..why dont u join his group
challenge him to an open debate..we will help u in chat but...make sure he promices to allow it to be open, vissible to all the members and stay that way
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form