Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Fast Progression (Is it good or bad?)

Larra Juab
@larra-juab
11 years ago
76 posts

Well Hello there folks! :D So it's been nearly 3 months since I have dreading, and I've noticed a big difference. First, shrinkage is already happening. Second, I do now feel that my hair is kinda heavy each time I wash it. Third, all the backcombed dread (only around 15 dreads) are also shrinking and changing size. I am kinda uneasy about what is happening, but I am also happy cause most of my hair is now dreaded. So I was wondering if there is anything "NOT NORMAL" that is happening to my hair. I have not used any products except Dr. Bronner's Liquid Shampoo. Any opinions from you folks will really help me, Thank you and much love :D

updated by @larra-juab: 02/14/15 02:14:31AM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

It sounds like you're on the right path. Nothing abnormal. Some people's hair locks up a bit faster than others

jazzymomma
@jazzymomma
11 years ago
175 posts

aw yea ur doing just fine:)all sounds normal and part of the process the wonderful journey

some takes longer than others but all end up in same awesome place in end lol good luck be patent u will enjoy the ride lol and experiences an people around u peace an love

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

only problem with fast dreading is u need to0 seperate more often

the heavy feeling might be bronbers buildup tho

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
11 years ago
170 posts

Sounds like things are going just right. :D

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

The speed of dreading is different from one person to the next. Curly hair usually dreads way faster. Hair textures, water, washing frequency, movement of hair also play a part. You hair is having its crazy journey and there is nothing to worry about, just enjoy the ride.

If you use Dr. Bronners & have hard water, it does not rinse out properly and leaves a residue which builds up in time. Not all shampoos & soaps work well with hard water. If you think this might be your problem, use a anti residue soap like Neutrogena to get the build up out. This stuff is strong and should only be used 2-3 times a year if needed. Always rinse really really well after washing, finish off with a cold head rinse :) Peace

Larra Juab
@larra-juab
11 years ago
76 posts

phew ! I thought it wasn't normal that my dreads are locking up and shrinking that fast x) thank you so much for your comments. It made me feel better and confident now.

Larra Juab
@larra-juab
11 years ago
76 posts

I agree D: I separate almost 5 times a week because my hair is really going wild and congos are forming too. but over all I'm happy of what is happening :)

that's really scary if I have buildup, but you might be right because when I was in overseas the water there was hard water. I might try to do cleansing on my 3rd month mark.

soaring eagle said:

only problem with fast dreading is u need to0 seperate more often

the heavy feeling might be bronbers buildup tho

Larra Juab
@larra-juab
11 years ago
76 posts

That might be maybe the reason why I feel that my head is heavy when washing. I have always thought that it's just because of the water. I might try and cleanse my dreads soon, and about the Neutrogena - I think it might be hard to find that here :\

the Barrellady said:

The speed of dreading is different from one person to the next. Curly hair usually dreads way faster. Hair textures, water, washing frequency, movement of hair also play a part. You hair is having its crazy journey and there is nothing to worry about, just enjoy the ride.

If you use Dr. Bronners & have hard water, it does not rinse out properly and leaves a residue which builds up in time. Not all shampoos & soaps work well with hard water. If you think this might be your problem, use a anti residue soap like Neutrogena to get the build up out. This stuff is strong and should only be used 2-3 times a year if needed. Always rinse really really well after washing, finish off with a cold head rinse :) Peace

Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
I would think, since dreaded hair holds water, they'd feel heavy when wet. Mine always feel heavy when I'm washing and for a while after, because they're wet, water is heavy.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form