Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

TnR help

MoorZ
@moorz
11 years ago
46 posts

I get towards the end of the dread and it gets so thin a strand of hair just dangles there. The more I TnR them the thinner the dread gets on the end. What do I do with these?

updated by @moorz: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
TieDyedSoul
@tiedyedsoul
11 years ago
70 posts

It happens, that's how mine were when I started out and most are still like that after 3 months ish. I just leave them like that the longer you have the TnR in they become more loose at the ends then they tighten back up in time.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

just leave em they are fine

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
MoorZ
@moorz
11 years ago
46 posts

Thanks yas!

MoorZ
@moorz
11 years ago
46 posts

This might also be from over twisting no? I find that if i dont twist so much i get a fattier knot.

Sarahface
@sarah16
11 years ago
108 posts

When I first did mine, I took the palm of my hand and rubbed the loose strand at the end in a circular motion to create some knots, and then palm rolled the entire thing for only a second. It might help you if it bugs you too much having the thin strands at the end, but be prepared, because they WILL come loose soon anyway. :P

Hannah2
@hannah2
11 years ago
8 posts

The wispy ends will get sucked up into the dread eventually anyway :-)

MoorZ
@moorz
11 years ago
46 posts

Yea. I'm going natural now since TnR isnt working too greatly for me. Its just gonna take sooo long now :'( But I guess in this journey patience is a virtue.

Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
The TnR is working exactly like it should. It's not a dread starter (common misconception), they a section starter. You want them to unravel and get loose. They'll tighten up, loosen, tighten, loosen several times before they find the right place to stay. The loose ends are exactly the way they should be. No need to re-TnR them, no need to circle rub them blunt, no need to do anything at all to them.
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Those ends will get sucked into the dread when they mature. Dreads are about not worrying, not fretting and just enjoying the ride.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form