Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Looping in on themselves to shorten root??.

Lynne Cowley Jones
@lynne-cowley-jones
11 years ago
12 posts
So recently I have visited a few friends that have dreads and they swear by looping each dread in on itself when the roots get too long ........ What is everyone else's thoughts on this? Soooooo much dreadication to think of ;-)
updated by @lynne-cowley-jones: 01/13/15 09:43:48PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

worse thing u can do its called interlocking it creates waeak spots and balding its a really idiotic thing to do do not do it tell them not to di=o it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

the rpoots need to be as long as they are naturaly for movement room to dread young dreads this can be up to 3 inches mature dreads 1/2 inch

this room prevents unatural tension

now this idiotic pulling the dreads through the roots causes a gap that on each side the hairs are twisted 180 degrees then tnats repeated at a 90 degree angle to the 1st 1 putting tennsion removing elasticity weakening the roots

now when a dreads tugged on it should absorb shock from root to tu]ip..stretching but an interliocked dread will not stretch at these points and are more likely to snap instead

the short term erffcts are a wrinkly weird look gaps or holes and severely tight roots

long term effects can be balding traction alopecia dread loss

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

inevitable? really i havent ever in 23 years and never will

--
taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

Don't do it. I personally think it is the worst thing you can do to your hair. Wax can be removed......crochetcan heal. Interlocking can never ever get fixed. The weak spot will always be there.

Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

Exactly.

Little said:

I asked him how the rastaman back in the day dealt with their locks before salons popped up.
Lynne Cowley Jones
@lynne-cowley-jones
11 years ago
12 posts
Thanks guys ;-) I have asked before about my roots and thought best left to let them do what they gotta do!! With so many people trying to tell me what I should be doing its difficult not to listen sometimes!!I'm a little worried now cos I've done a couple before asking here arghhhhhhh I hope they sort themselves out.I have noticed at the back on the bottom of my hair line these little ones are really great for dreading themselves my roots are really matted ;-) but are quite flat instead of round........ What do you suggest for that? Or do they eventually round themselves?This site is bloody awesome cheers everyone for advice xx
Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

They will eventually become round or they will stay flat. :)

Michael Haines2
@michael-haines2
11 years ago
3 posts
SE is right it scars your head and flat out looks horrible. To me interlocking is braiding not dreading.
Danielle Hache
@danielle-hache
11 years ago
100 posts

i wish more people knew about the dangers of interlocking. where i live in toronto i am a big part of the dreadlock community here and on way too many occasions i have seen people come to me bald and devastated because of the damage interlocking has caused to the hair. so now i try very hard to get the word out to avoid future dreadheads going bald. just say no to interlocking!

:)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form