Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Reattatching chopped dreads?

erik
@erik
11 years ago
6 posts

I cut my dreads last june and totally regretted it. They were two years old and I kept them out of sentiment, but now that my hair has started knotting up again, I thought about put the cut ones back in? Once my hair gets a little bit longer and more knotted I could maybe sew the ends together but I don't know if this has worked well for anybody. I'm a little afraid of uneven weight and the idea that they'd keep falling off haha, so I'm conflicted. It would be pretty cool to have my old dreads frankensteined back onto my head though.Tips, ideas suggestions?

updated by @erik: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

u cdan but might be better not to u can crochet the ends together (very damaging but if only done once to just the joint they will survive) you could sew them together (same damage) or dread splice them fray an inch or 2 of the ends on both sides mash them together so the dreaded paerts touch and the frayed hairs overlap the dreaded parts then wrap them ..several inches like 2 inches above and below the joint to act like a caste on a broken bone it will hold them together while the ends dread into eachother

the more u fray the stronger the joint

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
erik
@erik
11 years ago
6 posts

I like the sound of the last option, thanks SE!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form