dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Scalp Pain

Mike P
@mike-p
11 years ago
5 posts

Hey friends!

Just looking for some help/insight. I have been dreading for 2 months now and am experiencing some pretty painful scalp problems. When I had first started there was itchiness that came with not having my hair moving around as much, but that stopped after a while. Within the last week or so, white flakes have begun to appear in higher numbers again, as well as intense itchiness and pain. My head feels really raw and almost like a constant irritation.

I use a BS wash about every 3 days, and usually use an ACV rinse after as well. The last time I used ACV was this morning and it was also the first time I felt the ACV sting while it was on my head.

Thoughts?? I can't get a picture at this moment but if I can I will let you know.

updated by @mike-p: 01/13/15 09:43:22PM
Mike P
@mike-p
11 years ago
5 posts

yup, rinsing out the BS with cold water until it's all out, then going with the ACV rinse

StarseedSpacedread said:

are u rinsing between bs and acv?

Kathryn Mattson
@kathryn-mattson
11 years ago
2 posts
Very little I know about your situation but I have skin psoriasis on my scalp and too help it I tub coconut oil on my scalp the night before I wash my hair. Coconut oil, besides being a natural moisturizer, has also anti microbial benefits... Just a thought to entertain as you are trying to figure out a solution.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

was the itching intence

can u try to get a close up of the scalp

it could be psoriasis it could be lice it could be few things do u have any of the dreadlocjshampoo soaps or anything simular u can try

any flakes around youir hairline and face

your dreading naturaly not twisting or anything riht

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ras_Ga
@ras-ga
11 years ago
16 posts

Hi, I was have tho issue too due to eczomatic psoriasis. This is what I tried (and it works):

1. In a spraying bottle, Ive put 1/10 Dr Bronner tea tree liquid soap.

2. Ive done an infusion of Chamomile, let it cool and put it in the spraying bottle (9/10). Chamomile is an anti-inflamatory.

3. I added 10 drops of peppermint and rosemary essential oils.

Thats all. I wash my head every 2 days with it, and now its ok. I wash every two days cause I leave in Mauritius and its summer, so really hot.

Hope it could help you :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form