Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Any advice for me?

Larra Juab
@larra-juab
11 years ago
76 posts

Hello Beautiful People! :D So it's been nearly a month now since the last time I backcombed my hair. There's been a lot of looooseeee looooseeeee hairs that I have and I've been having a hard time separating them around their roots. Dandruffs have also invaded my hair, and I don't really feel good about it. I've been thinking of what the cause about my dandruffs, and it might be because of the accelerator that I have made for my dreads. Well anyways, I was thinking to start all over again and just do the natural method. So I was thinking if this is a good idea. I also wanna know the disadvantages and advantages of the natural method. Any opinions are greatly welcomed :D

updated by @larra-juab: 02/14/15 12:10:36PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

ok stop using the accelerator loose hairs are normal at a month if u didnt have more loose hairs then knotted hairs thered be a problem

now advantages and disadvantges of the natural method

advantage: more rewarding spiritual and profound experience more unique and organic dresds you get to watch them grow up and transform day by day into dreads (tnr or backcombings like adopting a baby that already walks and talks but then gets into your cabinets drinks poision that makes them go brain damaged for awhile

crochets like adopting a 40 year old that you still have to change the diapers on

naturals like giving birth to your own family they become so much more a part of you

disadvantages in some cases itsslow

in some its tooo fast so u gotta seperate alot

and there will be a in between point where ppl will say i thought u were dreading that lioks just like you havent combed in awhile

the big disadvantage is ppl in the consumer mindset wont understand its like growing yoir own veggies vs buying freeze dried pre packaged veggies flown 1/2 way round the world grown by slave labour and pumped full of pesticides

just like some ppl will never understand why cooked food is better then nuked food they think fasters better even if it tastes like rubber

its just a more organic better way

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sterling James Guthrie
@sterling-james-guthrie
11 years ago
2 posts
I agree completely. My dreading process had a bad start, an im extremely happy I've learned the right way. If your skin is naturally dry, the accelerator (virtually a drying agent, nothing more) will only increase dryness, therefore creating more dry skin, more dry skin equals more dandruff.
Larra Juab
@larra-juab
11 years ago
76 posts

Alright, so I've already dumped my accelerator and I now understand about the loose hair.

I've been really wanting to do it natural however I was afraid that my hair might be too strong and long so I decided to give them a little push. And now I'm kinda having some regrets because I think I have badly damaged my hair because I was toothighwith some of them.

I've attached some pictures of those tight locks that I have so far.
Is it too late for me to go natural?

soaring eagle said:

ok stop using the accelerator loose hairs are normal at a month if u didnt have more loose hairs then knotted hairs thered be a problem

now advantages and disadvantges of the natural method

advantage: more rewarding spiritual and profound experience more unique and organic dresds you get to watch them grow up and transform day by day into dreads (tnr or backcombings like adopting a baby that already walks and talks but then gets into your cabinets drinks poision that makes them go brain damaged for awhile

crochets like adopting a 40 year old that you still have to change the diapers on

naturals like giving birth to your own family they become so much more a part of you

disadvantages in some cases itsslow

in some its tooo fast so u gotta seperate alot

and there will be a in between point where ppl will say i thought u were dreading that lioks just like you havent combed in awhile

the big disadvantage is ppl in the consumer mindset wont understand its like growing yoir own veggies vs buying freeze dried pre packaged veggies flown 1/2 way round the world grown by slave labour and pumped full of pesticides

just like some ppl will never understand why cooked food is better then nuked food they think fasters better even if it tastes like rubber

its just a more organic better way

Larra Juab
@larra-juab
11 years ago
76 posts

Now to really think about it. It might really because of the accelerator :| I'm really not gonna put some again.

Sterling James Guthrie said:

I agree completely. My dreading process had a bad start, an im extremely happy I've learned the right way. If your skin is naturally dry, the accelerator (virtually a drying agent, nothing more) will only increase dryness, therefore creating more dry skin, more dry skin equals more dandruff.
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

Stopping using theacceleratorwill help stop your hair from drying out too much. You could use dome jojoba on it just to help oil it back up again.

Teatree and rosemary oils will help combat the dandruff problem. But once your hair gets back to normal, the dandruff should go away

Larra Juab
@larra-juab
11 years ago
76 posts

So it's okay if I will just continue with my dreads right now? But I just need to stop using the accelerator and just focus onnourishingmy scalp to make my dandruff go away?

Baba Fats said:

Stopping using theacceleratorwill help stop your hair from drying out too much. You could use dome jojoba on it just to help oil it back up again.

Teatree and rosemary oils will help combat the dandruff problem. But once your hair gets back to normal, the dandruff should go away

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

Yup. It's common to freak out about little things. Many people still think you need to cut your hair if you get lice or other bugs. You don't. Dandruff isn't uncommon either. You just need to take care of your scalp and it will go away.
No reason to stop locking

Larra Juab
@larra-juab
11 years ago
76 posts

Okay :D I understand that it is common. I was just really delighted and inspired by those people who had natural dreadlocks for years without any method like backcombing and etc. Thank you so much for your Advises!

Baba Fats said:

Yup. It's common to freak out about little things. Many people still think you need to cut your hair if you get lice or other bugs. You don't. Dandruff isn't uncommon either. You just need to take care of your scalp and it will go away.
No reason to stop locking

Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

Never to late to go the natural route. I started by backcombing and also used wax, but only used the wax once. Then got the wax out and have done absolutely nothing to my hair except wash and separate since then. Damaged or not, your hair will repair itself if you let it :)

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form