Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

What is Looping + What goin on?

Michael6
@michael6
12 years ago
5 posts

Hi Guys, im about 1 month into neglect dreads. My hair is very curly plus im a very restless sleeper, so I move my head around a lot on my pillow adding to the dreading process. Anyway theres a big mass of knots forming at the back of my head that I think may be becoming one massive dread. Im not sure really this is my first time dreading. Some advice on how I should proceed and whats going on back there? Should I seperate it??? Will it seperate on it own?
I also have another question which is what exactly are loops?
Thanks alot in advance.

updated by @michael6: 01/13/15 09:40:13PM
NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
12 years ago
170 posts
First, what is you hair length? Second, loops are almost like zig zags that form from nots, there are some pictures on here of them. Basically it looks like a dread that isn't straight but is kind of zig zagging or compressing on itself, but because of knotting theygenerally straighten out over time. some peoples dreads stay slightly loopy even when pretty mature in some cases
NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
12 years ago
170 posts
Also if you could put a picture up of it that would be quite helpful
Michael6
@michael6
12 years ago
5 posts

Hair length is about 13 inches, dont have a cam around but will get some up asap, thx 4 quick response :D

NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
12 years ago
170 posts

personally, if you are concerned that the knots may become one big dread and you don't want it to, i would say toseparate. Honestly it is kind of hard to say without seeing it though.

Tim5
@tim5
12 years ago
359 posts

updated by @tim5: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Tim5
@tim5
12 years ago
359 posts

Hi. I would seperate. This is ten years of growth though. Haha, enjoy your journey.

Tim.

Kelly3
@kelly3
12 years ago
333 posts

If the section is less than one square inch then you can leave it alone. Bigger than that and you can just pull it apart to make a better size.

Looping is difficult to describe without a picture. It can happen early enough in the process, an is basically where hair/s knots up somewhere along a strand of adjacent hairs, thus creating a loopy looking effect. These loops get sucked into the dread eventually.

Due to your curly hair, your loops wont be as obvious as some others may be, but you will still see the loops and zigzags in the matured dread.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

seperate by pulling it apart

this i s a great example of loops

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
DreadfulAmenita
@taby
12 years ago
80 posts

This one of my loop/zig-zags. I really looks like a zig-zag. The whole right side of my head is covered in them.

updated by @taby: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form