Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Gravity and dreads

Diego F.
@diego-f
12 years ago
73 posts

Can EARTH GRAVITY affect dreads? I'm really thinking this...

Well.. Usually i weared my hair down, with my fringe on the sides of my face... I had sections there, but for 5 months it weren't knotted.

Since 3 days ago i'm wearing my hair pulled backwards [not tied]... Since that... I feel that my fringe sections are knotting on the roots, and if i try to wear it "down" like some days ago, it stands up a bit [this is very funny]... That's good because i'm noticing that those sections are curling [when i weare it down it looked so straight]...

So i'm thinking if gravity could slow the proccess [because wearing it down on my face i have never seen any changes since i started neglecting my hair]...

Oh, i have to say that my hair is heavy [when it was short and before neglecting, i couldn't get it up even with gels if it were lenghtier than 1.2 inches].

Well i'll still wearing my fringepulled backwards, because i'm sure that the knotting happening there are because the little effect of the gravity in the roots that way...

Do someone know ever felt this?

[sorry if my english is weird, i'm brazilian and i'm high right now haha]

updated by @diego-f: 01/13/15 09:39:51PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i dunno im guessing the fact that u wear it any way but letting it be where it wants to be may affect it

in a way gravity affectes everything but how much youd notice the diference based on just a position change in 3 days would be hard to measure or even notice

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Castaway J
@castaway-j
12 years ago
585 posts

yeah man, i can see how what your saying is true about gravity affecting dreads..ive also noticed over time how my bangs have come to knott themselves. i wore them down for almost the first ten months not putting them back behind my ears or anything (plus they werent really long enough). but after not seeing any progress in this part of my head for so long, after everything else had already gotten started knotting, i started wearing them more to my comfort and put em back. once i started sleeping with my bangs, n other parts behind them, tucked neatly behind my ears thats when i saw them locking.

taye
@taye
12 years ago
833 posts

I have hair around my face that will not dread. I think it is because of moisturized lotions and face wash. I have been very careful in the past year or so to keep it pulled back while i wash my face. I have noticed 4 little babies forming. I hope they don't go away. I still have lots of loose hair around my face.
Maybe it isn't gravity, maybe it is because the hair is pulled away from the natural oils on your face?

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
12 years ago
1,302 posts

I think Taye is right about the natural face oils affecting the dreading process. When the hair is pulled back, it is not brushing against the natural oils we have. If you don't always want your hair tied back, try washing your face at the hairline a few times a day until the dreads start to form. This may help.

taye said:

I have hair around my face that will not dread. I think it is because of moisturized lotions and face wash. I have been very careful in the past year or so to keep it pulled back while i wash my face. I have noticed 4 little babies forming. I hope they don't go away. I still have lots of loose hair around my face.
Maybe it isn't gravity, maybe it is because the hair is pulled away from the natural oils on your face?

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form