Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

my dreads at the root??? HELP!!!

dannylou
@dannylou
15 years ago
21 posts
good day all! i'm so glad a heady mama introduced me to this site i've been worrying about my dreads at the root for some time now and finally feel i can recieve some great feed back. i threw away the comb 4 1/2 years ago and have had no issues untill about a year ago. i started noticing some of my dreads at the root seem thinner then the used to be. it seems like when they grow out there going to be much skinner at the top then the rest of my dread. i kinda have a nervous habbit of over twisting them so i dont know if this is the problem or maybe its poor diet. any info on what i could do or what may be causing this issue would be great. i would just die if i lost a member of my family! peace&love
updated by @dannylou: 01/13/15 08:29:29PM
Extended Happiness
@extended-happiness
15 years ago
13 posts
My dreads are almost approaching the 1 year mark. I too, am seeing that they are a lot thinnner at the roots. It has me a little worried but i also think that there arent going to be many loose/dead hiairs towards the roots, which is why they may be thicker down the length of my dread. Must admit i havent really touched my dreads in the last 4 months apart from putting extensions in.But would love to hear more advice on this subject because as i said - i am a little worried too.
hippie mama
@hippie-mama
15 years ago
154 posts
hey lady!!! if u think it is poor diet you could probably take some vitamin e supplements. something i also learned on this site is alot of ppl are real big on aloe vera.just buy some alo vera plant or some aloe gel but make sure nothing else is in it but aloe and put it on your dreads so that it becomes less brittle. if they are brittle that is. i know mine had alot of breakage cuz i am also a twister so trying to control the habit helped. i bought a hair lotion a few years back but which helped but my hair got greasy so i stopped using it so thats why i think alo would work cuz some ppl here swear by it. cant be too bad. johns had some that broke on him and once the break we been making it into a new dread and congoing them together with older dreads. thats been working. but they gotta be pretty thin to break. i hope ur finding what u need.
Christopher
@christopher
15 years ago
7 posts
my dreads are almost two years old and they are doing the samething. i also twist a lot, most of the times i dont know i am doing it. the worst ones i have are in the front to....id look pretty silly if i lost those two. i dont know what to do but at least your not alone
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
dont twist!!!!! thatas why....do no maintenance at all exvept seperating occassionalyif u stop fussing they will recover but will have a thin spot

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
MountainWillow
@mountainwillow
15 years ago
141 posts
Go with your intuition. If you feel your play in them too much, leave em alone more. Examine your diet, and take a good multivitamin and try increasing healthy plant proteins in your daily eating.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form