Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

sticky dandruff

CiArA
@ciara
12 years ago
25 posts
ok, lots of us deal with the white mushy dandruffy stuff....like when uscratch ur head, it gets stuck under ur fingernails....mine has a smell. not a rotten smell, just a body smell. almost like when u guage ur ears, but not quite as strong.im not dirty, i always wash with bs/acv, and im doing all that stuff right. usually 2x a week unless i do something that requires me to squeeze in another wash. the washing also makes the junk mostly go away till its about time to wash again....mostly anyway. if this stuff is sebum, there's not alot i can do about it.my question is, can this stuff get stuck in my dreds like a gel or glue? it flakes like dandruff when i scratch it, and there are certain spots where i have it worse than others. the dreads at these "hotspots" feel spongy and almost like i put gel on them near the roots....and I'm starting to winder if its this old junk that has flaked and gotten stuck.can this cause dread rot?my hubby says my head stinks (he overexaggerates things a little tho, so idk how "bad" it is). my pillow isnt rank.last night i did a strong white vinegar cleanse...let it dry in my hair, then did agood bs acv wash, blow dried my hair some and squeezed the excess for awhile. the 4 hotspot dreads are the fattest, and took a lonnng time to dry. at 2am i could still squeeze a little out of em. and when i did, it smelled. kind if sour. im hoping it was some vinegar....it smelled like agood possibility of leftover vinegar. i don't see how it could be rot, my hair is dry within 24 hours and stays dry for a couple days. my worry is that the dandruff gel sticky crap has seeped into the dreads, got stuck, and is trying to cause a problem.even after that cleabse & wash last night, my "dandruff gel hotspot" dreads are still feelung like squishy hardish gel is in the hair for about 2 inches from the root. oh and my dreads are 6 months. i think I've covered everything....sorry, and thanks
updated by @ciara: 01/13/15 09:34:31PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

hmm hard to say but id consider trying a clarifying antu-i residue shampoo then try the dreadlockshampoo.com shampoos the teatree rosemary for dandruff and/or the goddess (will be out any day now) to shut your hubby up

they smell so amazing noone can complain

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

It sounds like it is sebum. It can build up in your locks over time. A good wash with a clarifying shampoo should clean it up

How much BS do you mix to your water? Typical amount is 1/2 cup BS to 5 cups water. If it's weaker than that, the BS is exfoliating your skin, but is not strong enough to completely strip it off your scalp. You may need to make it a bit stronger.

Seth Lake-Swamp
@seth-lake-swamp
11 years ago
3 posts

I had the same problem and I discovered that it would build up after using the BS. It was mostly likely from not rinsing well enough and having left over BS buildup on my scalp. I have since then stopped using BS and only use natural Tea Tree Oil shampoo and the Dreadlocks Shampoo. Since then, my scalp has been super healthy and no more buildup. I still have flakes, but that's to expected every once in a while if I don't scrub my scalp well enough with the tea tree oil. Plus it smells so much better. I HIGHLY recommend the Dreadlocks Shampoo that isadvertisedon here.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form