Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

help please... neglect sectioning!!

BlasphemyBlack
@blasphemyblack
12 years ago
35 posts

my hair knots up really easy, if i have it down and loose all day id have to brush a ton of knots out atleast twice a day so i figured my hair would naturaly dread pretty well...

so ive not brushed it for nearlya week and looking at it i can see sections forming....

HOWEVER this is only midlenght downwards.

how do i section up to the roots without ripping appart whats already formed???? or do i leave it and hope they work out themselves??????

as i said my hair gets knotty really easy and i dont want to leave it too long bfore i do something if i need to! plus i need to wash it now and i dont want to mess things up

Id really like to think i can do this jus purley by neglect and not use TnR but im worried mybe i have too much/too long hair!!

any advise would be handy!!

updated by @blasphemyblack: 01/13/15 09:30:04PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

it will section itself most lukely after u wash but if the roots get all tangled tohgether seperate em

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

definitely separate. just figure out which pieces should be a section and rip it apart all the way to the scalp. in the beginning its a little bit of a "two steps forward one step back" process. you'll undo some knotting while separating but once the sections are more defined then you'll have less of an issue.

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Since the sections look defined at least from midstrand to the end, take them and just pull them apart so that they won't congo together as they knot up. I encourage you to keep going neglect since it's what you want, and the separating will become easier after they start to form and knot up.

I think that, with neglect method, the BS/ACV rinses are probably the best washing method (if your water type allows it) because you don't have to touch the hair, disrupting the natural sectioning. This should be done regularly enough to not allow the natural oils from your scalp to interfere with the dreading process.

BlasphemyBlack
@blasphemyblack
12 years ago
35 posts

thanks everyone for the advise.

washed my hair and pulled the biggest sections appart wen it was still pretty wet. i dont blow dry so rubbed it down and left it , after havin it up loose at work today my sections look alot better will post pics soon!

jus lerning not too panic and question everything. i know its gona get a lot more mental!!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form