Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Chagrin Valley Soap and Shampoos

live.love.be.believe.
@livelovebebelieve
15 years ago
13 posts
I wanted to share this site with everyone: http://www.chagrinvalleysoapandcraft.com/products.htm My wife and I have been buying their products for about 2 years now. It is an older couple who makes natural soaps and shampoos WITHOUT SLS. They are basically essential oils, clays or muds, even coffee, and lye. But the way they cure their products the lye is completely absorbed and is not harsh at all! They produce a rich lather and really nice on your skin and hair.While I've enjoyed using their soaps and shampoos I wondered if any of the shampoos would be ok for dreads. Since many of them use olive oil as the base oil i know this would not be good for tightening if anything it might loosen dreads.I didn't know if some one might find this site useful, Ashley and I have tried over 10 different products from them and enjoyed them all.-Jamesp.s. this isn't meant as an advert for this site. Just sharing a site i think people might like and seeing if there is a shampoo or two that i can order from there for my dreads in progress.
updated by @livelovebebelieve: 01/13/15 08:28:57PM
Lonnie Berg
@lonnie-berg
15 years ago
219 posts
Nice site, thanks for the turn on Brother, just clicked on it for a second but can't wait to check it out .
Melinda Thompson
@melinda-thompson
11 years ago
8 posts

This is the shampoo I started using after taking out my dreads (to start over) to heal it before I tried to dread again. I've used 3 different types by them and they all leave my hair somewhat dry but feeling clean for sure! I LOVE their products too! Even the pet paw salve.

But like you I wonder if this would work good for dreads.. I haven't tried it yet because my hair is to short to dread right now.. but if anyone else has tried it on their dreads please let me know if it works well (doesn't loosen them).

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form