Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

TnR... am I doing this right? HELP! (pic)

Snick
@snick
12 years ago
28 posts

Okay, so I did the front. I don't know what to do with the ends... they keep separating. Is it supposed to look like this at the start? How long until they start to look normal? Or should I comb them out and start over? Did I do something wrong?

updated by @snick: 02/14/15 07:39:46AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

actualy looks good the ends will do what the ends do but those are looking pretty good

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Snick
@snick
12 years ago
28 posts

You've been SO helpful!! Any idea how long this method usually takes to start actually looking like dreads? lol

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

how big are the sections at the roots?

they look thin now but they usualy do ..but im guessing the root sections arent very big like pinky size?

altho the ones more on top look lil thicker

theyre gonna look great on u

the ends will be loose awhile and if your lo=]ucky wil remain loose at least an inch (helps m dr faster =if water runs out the ends)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Snick
@snick
12 years ago
28 posts

Okay, great. Yeah... some at the top were a bit bigger, but most are roughly pinky size.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Looking good. Yeah, they tips should stay loose if you can help it. The last inch or so of hair will by wispy. This is a good thing. wispy ends dry faster. If they blunt on their on, so be it, but it's not something you should really want to happen

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

They look pretty good. They will probably loosen up a bit over the next month and then they will start to tighten up and knot.

I used TnR and today is my 2 month mark. You can take a look at my pics or read my blog if you want to see what has been going on with my dreads so you have a general idea of what your hair might do.

Tied up in knots
@tied-up-in-knots
12 years ago
202 posts

Looks great.

I started my hair with twist and rip. I'm just over 4 months and pretty much all of my tips have blunted and they definitely look nothing like braids now. They've also gone from my bra strap to well above my shoulders. It actually looks pretty funny what with the few long wisps that are still down to my bra strap. I left a ton of hair loose and some of it is taking it's sweet time dreading up.

I promised myself that I wouldn't interfere with the process beyond starting it but I think that once my dreads are longer I might consider un-blunting a good chunk of them. The difference in drying time is huge. I don't much care for it. Of course the worst offender happens to be one of my favourite dreads so we'll see how that goes.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I used to have one lock that was 4-5 inches longer than the others. When my hair was above my shoulders I had the one long one that hung down to the middle of my chest. I miss it. It finally got sucked up and now it's all blunted and roughly the same length as the others. I thought about unblunting it and seeing if I can get it to hang longer again, but it's so tangled that even if I unblunted it, it wouldn't be that long again

Snick
@snick
12 years ago
28 posts

Okay, how do I get these to start looking like dreads! I'm getting tired of going out in public looking like I just rolled out of bed and threw on a hairband!

What can I do? I have a friend who did dreads the same day as me and she's talking about how great hers look. She back combed and used extensions (with a little wax on the extensions). She also got a dread perm. So, in my mind, I know that my method was better for my dreads/hair in the long run, but this early stage is ROUGH!! Nappy pic below:
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f270/snickelfritz1813/IMAG0493.jpg

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form