Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My Dreadlock Journey!

Patrick -Dreadz-
@patrick-dreadz
12 years ago
11 posts
Hey wats up?. My names Patrick I'm 22 & from TX, mixed (German/Jamaican) I have thick hair with big curls, been having my dreadlocks since April 23rd, so that's like 1 month and some days.. I've been growing my hair out for about a year and 2 months before locks. I did them myself between 2 day period, glad about the way they turned out. I wanted to have more of the natural sized dreads so i made some of the sections smaller or larger, mixing it up. But I'm happy I found this site or I'd still be damaging my hair with hooks and peppa. Lol. I plan to go with the neglet method from now on, so let the journey begin!First pic is before dreadsSecond pic is day 1Third pic is 1 month
updated by @patrick-dreadz: 02/14/15 08:18:39AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

judhging from the 1st pic they would have dreaded in a week haha wow what awesome hair for dreads

pic 2.. ok i giggles a lil typical dreadheadhq looking dreads

pic 3 is looking alot better but they do show the thinness and lil stiffness from the hook thy will fatten a bit eventualy and naturalize more

but oh what awesome dreads youd have if u found us a bit sooner..that hair must want to dread like crazy im amazed you could prevent it from dreading accidently

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

They do look like they want to lock up like crazy. So you stopped using the peppa. Did you use wax in the beginning? It looks like you might have. So I'd recommend getting that out ASAP. Even if you only used it once, it'll stay there and cause all types of problems until it's gone. Normal washing wont get it out on it's own

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

no he used the waxless kit

but they were crochetted a lil

--
Patrick -Dreadz-
@patrick-dreadz
12 years ago
11 posts
Haha. Thanks Soaring Eagle, the second picture is funny. But like you on YouTube I watched them DHHQ people too, and found there site, figured it was all good to use a kit & with the things I heard and seen about wax, I though I was better off with the waxless kit. Yea right. Lol. I do regret doing my dreads the way I did, but do you think if already too late to "neglect" it or is the damage done?And Baba I used no wax, rarely used that lock peppa, good for your hair or not, it feels like grinded up chalk and leaves your hands rough and just a mess..
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Yeah, I read your profile, I see that now. I need to check that more often before I say anything.

If your locks are not too tight and hard, you should be just fine to go neglect from now on. if they feel hard and stiff, you might want to loosen them up a bit to help them along. Very mild amounts of Jojoba oil or aloe straight from the plant should help with that. Just rub small amounts on and work it in. Then rinse it all out. A few treatments of this should help loosen them up enough to start doing their own healthy thing. But if they aren't too tight and hard, just leave them be

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

baba said pretty much exactly what i would have dsaid but id add a lil more the crochet tighteness will slow prof=gress alot typicaly bout 6 months andduring the recoverty time they might get extra fuzxzy from the broken hairs popping out tho id guess your hair might not show it as much

and heres a lil info that will make you laugh if it wasnt too true..lock peppa is a product (minus the wintergreen) thats sold to remove ear hair in cats! and dhhq shampoo was made as a hunting shampoo not for dreads not for everyday use either

you see dady developed these pri]oducts he had the cosmetics company..jonny just repackaged them and sold them for dreads

--
Patrick -Dreadz-
@patrick-dreadz
12 years ago
11 posts
It's cool Baba. Well it seems that the core of each dread are locking up great, id say the bottom 3/4th of each dread (if that makes sense) are locking up, and i have about 1-2 inches of loose hairs near the root.Thanks again you guys, now that i joined this site ill be posting more instead of just browsing. Lol.
Lapis Angela Lazuli
@lapis-angela-lazuli
12 years ago
76 posts
You have amazing curls! Anyways, do you have rubber bands in? If you do, its best to take them out.I can't wait to see the progress :)
Patrick -Dreadz-
@patrick-dreadz
12 years ago
11 posts
If jonny is reading this, that's not cool! Lol. But thanks for the info. Plus there "accelerator" spray is a joke, enough said. Lol. But back on subject, I also stopped the crocheting once I realized after you did so, they just fall out next day or next wash. With all my research and information learned, natural is the only way to go. Save money, time and hair. Lol.Quick question, I went on dreadlockshapoos.com and is liquid or bar soap better for my dreads? And how is it using a bar soap on dreadlocks? Well I never used bar soap in my hair ever. Lol. So you rub the bar in the dreads or what?
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form