Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My Dreadlock Journey!

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

You never want to wash your locks themselves. No matter what soap you use. All you want to do is scrub your scalp. When you rinse, the soap will flow throw your hair.

For baby locks, I usually say go with liquid soap. Liquid soaps are not as rough on your locks. When they mature and are not inclined to untangle when manhandled, you can use a bar, but you could keep using liquid if you still like it.

updated by @baba-fats: 07/11/15 06:42:08AM
Patrick -Dreadz-
@patrick-dreadz
12 years ago
11 posts
At Lapis Lazuli, thanks! Some people didn't want to see the curls go, but I've just always wanted dreads. I did have rubber bands in for the first month, I didn't want any congos to form right away, but a couple days ago I realized some of them were getting locked into the bigger dreads, so i did take them all out.. what a releif as well. Lol.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

well i wouldnt dsay never wash the locks sometimes u want to but in general u only have to wash the scalp but when yiuve had 5 pounds of mud caked in your locks fir weeks you want to wash them all

i would actualy si]=uggest the bar for you since the liquids really for hard to dread gair and your not in dand=ger of unraveling much

i do mine in 1/4s i flip them to the right wrub the bar on the left quadrant front center to left just behind the ears tghen rub it intio the roots a but and rinse then right then right back and left back doing each quarter then rinse but aftyer ui do the final 1/4 i do a full long rinse of my whole head and length of the dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

oh and the 10 dollar accelerator is a few pennies worth of sea salt

--
Patrick -Dreadz-
@patrick-dreadz
12 years ago
11 posts
Ok I get what your saying SE, thanks very helpful. Because i was focusing more on the dreads locking when I'd wash instead of the scalp, but that's somethings ill change, because regardless when it rinse it will be going through the dreads.
Lapis Angela Lazuli
@lapis-angela-lazuli
12 years ago
76 posts
Your curls reminds me of my daughter's hair before she started the deadlock journey :)I'm glad you took them out, because they gets stuck in your dreads and cause all sort of problems.

Patrick -Dreadz- said:
It's cool Baba. Well it seems that the core of each dread are locking up great, id say the bottom 3/4th of each dread (if that makes sense) are locking up, and i have about 1-2 inches of loose hairs near the root.

Thanks again you guys, now that i joined this site ill be posting more instead of just browsing. Lol.
Heaven  Caten
@heaven-caten
12 years ago
13 posts

your dreads are a day older than mine :) and what part of Texas?

Patrick -Dreadz-
@patrick-dreadz
12 years ago
11 posts
Nice! ;) I'm going to have to check out your pics.. I use to be in the Houston, but I currently live in the Killeen/ Ft.Hood area.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

id guess texas isnt the most dread friendly place on earth..

--
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

why is that? (might be moving to Katy this year...)

soaring eagle said:

id guess texas isnt the most dread friendly place on earth..

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form