Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

just for fun

Richard Christian
@richard-christian
12 years ago
8 posts

hi guys... i was seeing this post on another forum, just for fun :)

HOW A DREADLOCK MAN WEAR A HELMET....

source

updated by @richard-christian: 01/13/15 09:26:44PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yea gotta protect the dreads..not the brain..

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tied up in knots
@tied-up-in-knots
12 years ago
202 posts

I have to kill the joke with over thinking because head injuries aren't funny...sorry.

This picture was definitely taken after work or during a break. Thankfully. You can see on his headwrap where the strap used to be behind his neck and that he has just pushed the helmet back. Besides which, if his helmet was actually kept back there his earplugs wouldn't reach his ears.

I'm glad this man isn't a complete idiot though I still don't really see how that helmet would be doing a lot to protect his head anyways with the way he's got his dreads piled up. :/ Guess he's made his compromise between safety and comfort.

Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

I don't think he's compromising anything, you haven't seen a picture with his helmet on as it usually is, so you can't really say.. There are god knows how many pictures on the Internet of people doing seemingly-risky/stupid things, but it isn't meant to be taken so seriously. Course head injuries are not funny, but that doesn't mean the picture isn't. If this is how he actually wears his helmet, or if his helmet doesn't actually protect him, I doubt he'd be employed. No-one wants to risk being sued for accidents or deaths because of safety faults.

Tied up in knots
@tied-up-in-knots
12 years ago
202 posts
i know how the helmet is supposed to fit and it can't possibly fit him properly. Safety rules are often relaxed for religious reasons. Sikhs for instance dont have to wear helmets in my country. For them religion trumps safety laws. Even motorcycle cops dont have to wear a helmet if they have a turban. and theres simply no way anyone can argue that a turban is safer or even as safe as a helmet.and regardless of all that...I have yet to know a single construction company that adheres to the absolute letter of the law. They only follow the rules that save them money. they only follow the rest when theyre being inspected.but youre right. it wasnt meant to be taken seriously. but thats a real guy and the reality is that his head isnt well protected by that helmet.
Tied up in knots
@tied-up-in-knots
12 years ago
202 posts

Gah. I'm sorry. Today was just the wrong day for me to see this picture.

My husband got sent to the hospital from work today after hurting his eye. He was wearing glasses and a face shield and he STILL got hurt. I guess it made me a little over sensitive to people messing with workplace safety.

I apologize for being a party pooper and for my short tone with Tara. Partially the fault of my phone ( hate typing on that thing) and the rest was me being unnecessarily grouchy.

I shouldn't internet when I'm in that kind of mood.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form