Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Day 5 of my dreads and Day 1 of joining!

Riley Napalm
@haazinumusic
12 years ago
27 posts

hey everyone, you have all been a giant help to keep me from making dangerous mistakes on my hair! i was going to go to a salon and pay $200 bucks to put in these locks. well i saved my money and did the R&T method [WAX FREE!!] with a friend who has dreadlocks. I already am using the nag champa shampoo that i have seen highly recommended and used their aloe gel to tame the frizz for work. so far so good and now i wait to let them progress as they want! i'm looking forward to being more active in the threads and building friendships. i just creeped and took notes before, but it's worth a couple bucks to join. i travel a lot, so who knows we may bump into each other along the way. may Yahweh bless you all for your patience and encouragement for us newbies!

updated by @haazinumusic: 02/14/15 10:53:28AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

awesome (the couple bucks is ..voluntary..a suggested donation only it amazes me how many dont bother reading it and think its mandatory so dont join even though i put in caps YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DONATE TO JOIN

but i just realized now the color changed agfter i changed some code so it is harder to read now

ill fix that

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Riley Napalm
@haazinumusic
12 years ago
27 posts

oh don't even worry! i WANTED to donate a bit. You, especially, put a lot of time into this site and keeping it going for us, so it's the least i could do! in the future when my account allows, i will do even more! =]

i saw it was voluntary, so i volunteered! haha!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

haha ok i just get a bunch who say stiuff like "i wantto rejoin but my subscription expired and i cant afford to right now" so i have to point out its voluntary

and thnx appreciate it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Hey there! Welcome aboard!

I too donated and really, it's nothing to donate a few dollars here and there to keep this information alive and accessible compared to the price one would pay for not having it available.

Look forward to seeing you around the site Riley. :)

Selene
@selene
12 years ago
3 posts

Hey Riley!

I'm a newbie too so it's good to meetcha! :)

Riley Napalm
@haazinumusic
12 years ago
27 posts
Thank you Val! I've been on this site daily for the past few weeks in preparation for my dreading. So I shall be around just as much! Nice meeting you!

Valrie said:

Hey there! Welcome aboard!

I too donated and really, it's nothing to donate a few dollars here and there to keep this information alive and accessible compared to the price one would pay for not having it available.

Look forward to seeing you around the site Riley. :)

Riley Napalm
@haazinumusic
12 years ago
27 posts
Thanks for introducing yourself Selene! =]We both did T&R and we're just a few days apart so it will be fun to see each other's progress. That is, as long as we stay in touch! =D

Selene said:

Hey Riley!

I'm a newbie too so it's good to meetcha! :)

Riley Napalm
@haazinumusic
12 years ago
27 posts
I'm sorry, that's what I meant. I got a sample of the locking gel when I bought my shampoo from them. =]

Britany said:

Be careful with the aloe its conditioning and can loosen dreads and stifle locking. you should try the locking gel from the same site you got the shampoo from. have a wonderful journey<3

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Hey, I sa this thread when you first started it, but I got distracted and forgot to go back and post on here.

Welcome. I'm so glad you didn't waste the $200. That'd have been a real shame. And I'm glad your friend wasn't egging you on to use wax. Are they on here? If not, urge them to join. This forum is not only for newbies. My locks are going to be 6 years old soon. I've been using Dr. B's for most of that time and in just the past month have learned how nice a good BS and ACV wash can feel. I tried the dreadlockshampoo soap but it wasn;t working out for me. I still use it as a body wash, though. It's great. Their gel is awesome too. The few new baby locks forming on my head have really come together since I started using it. I'm not that into products, but for a special event I would like them to look a bit more formed.

So, again, it's great that you found us. Don't feel shy. Everyone here is friendly, and is full of useful information. And there are tons of people at your stage, so you can always talk to them (and us, or course) about worries you have.

Dreadlocks are a 1 step forward, 2 steps back, process for about 6 month to a year. But the backward steps become shorter and shorter around 6-8 months. I don't like to self promote, but check out the thread "top secret". I made it a few months ago. Haven't much't had much recently, but people did post a few good tips and "need to know" facts there.

Good luck, and possibly start a timeline of pics, if you haven't already

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form