Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Day 5 of my dreads and Day 1 of joining!

Riley Napalm
@haazinumusic
12 years ago
27 posts

thank you! she is not, but i talked about the site the ENTIRE time we were doing the R&T haha. i'm not entirely new to the dread process i guess... i have had four dreads for about 2 years now. two were accidents, and two were intentional haha! i thought about the doctor b's soap, but i'm gonna try to use up the shampoo i ordered first. i'll definitely check out that post. i'm still getting used to navigating around the site though! but i very much appreciate the warm welcomes and willingness everyone has to help each other out! =]

Baba Fats said:

Hey, I sa this thread when you first started it, but I got distracted and forgot to go back and post on here.

Welcome. I'm so glad you didn't waste the $200. That'd have been a real shame. And I'm glad your friend wasn't egging you on to use wax. Are they on here? If not, urge them to join. This forum is not only for newbies. My locks are going to be 6 years old soon. I've been using Dr. B's for most of that time and in just the past month have learned how nice a good BS and ACV wash can feel. I tried the dreadlockshampoo soap but it wasn;t working out for me. I still use it as a body wash, though. It's great. Their gel is awesome too. The few new baby locks forming on my head have really come together since I started using it. I'm not that into products, but for a special event I would like them to look a bit more formed.

So, again, it's great that you found us. Don't feel shy. Everyone here is friendly, and is full of useful information. And there are tons of people at your stage, so you can always talk to them (and us, or course) about worries you have.

Dreadlocks are a 1 step forward, 2 steps back, process for about 6 month to a year. But the backward steps become shorter and shorter around 6-8 months. I don't like to self promote, but check out the thread "top secret". I made it a few months ago. Haven't much't had much recently, but people did post a few good tips and "need to know" facts there.

Good luck, and possibly start a timeline of pics, if you haven't already

updated by @haazinumusic: 07/13/15 11:53:43AM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I'm not as hard core about going natural as some people are here, but if you had 2 that formed "by accident" why didn't you just let the rest do the same? You didn't have to tnr them. Just curious

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form