Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Natural locks/twist & rip/backcoming/WTF

Ricky Aka Ricky
@ricky-aka-ricky
12 years ago
34 posts

Man, i've been trying to dread for almost a year now....ofcourse the first 6 months were not really productive because my hair was too short....now im at 6 1/2 to 7 inches of hair...and im just getting so fed up. I'm so tired of people bothing me about my hair. I have ZERO DREADLOCKS...and my hair isn't really doing anything! I wash with baking soda and dr bronners, but no results....and i'm considering a NEW METHOD to get them because I need to MAKE SOME DAMN MONEY, and i wanna have dreads before i start working, rather then getting them while working, as that can set off something and get me fired.

I'M JUST SO SICK OF THIS, I HATE HOW I'M LIMITED BECAUSE I WANT TO DREAD, I NEED TO FIND WORK BUT THE SOCIETY HATES ON US, AND ITS HARD....I FEEL VERY ALONE AND VULNERABLE, WHEN IT COMES TO THE DECISION....

WHERE YOU HAVE TO CHOOSE BETWEEN YOUR GOALS/DREAMS/WANTS....OR WORK!!!

THAT'S SOME BULL MAN, I WANNA LIVE FREE AND BE ME....BUT I NEED TO MAKE MONEY,

I GUESS this post doesn't really have anything for you to reply to, as it is just a RANT...I just really really want to get dreads, and I don't wanna give up the NATURAL DREADLOCKING METHOD, because it is very important to me, and symbolic in alot of ways...it just hurts, to know that some jobs will reject me, and some people will hate on me because of a hairstyle, but haters are going to hate, and lovers will love. I just wish there was a faster way to get dreadlocks, I'M A PATIENT PERSON, BUT MAN I WOULD LIKE TO SEE AT LEAST A LITTLE PROGRESSION! MAYBE IM DOING SOMETHING WRONG....IDK

what can i do? i mean i do baking soda washes/dr bronner washes like every 3 days, i never EVER EVER run a comb through it, and i wear a beanie alot....i mean damn man :( it's just discouraging....

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVICE? OR JUST KIND WORDS OR ANYTHING? I NEED SOME SUPPORT BROTHERS AND SISTERS.

updated by @ricky-aka-ricky: 01/13/15 09:24:06PM
Timmy Kehoe
@timmy-kehoe
12 years ago
7 posts
Definitely decide for yourself, however dreads can be a lesson in patience let em loc rid yourself of worry & fear just be. Enjoy the journey, the rapids as well as the calm and you'll find yourself right where you need to be, ive had my locs for a bit now but I when i started it took about a year & a half to loc up. Enjoy your journey :)
Frank Schuster
@frank-schuster
12 years ago
95 posts

Hey!

your hair is at perfect length right now where it really starts. What you can do is spray seasalt into

your hair 1 or 2 hours before washing. Another thing is that beanie. A beanie is usually to tight, means your hair cannot move under it and it has to move to knot.

Swich to a tam or leave your hair free! If you keep your hair clean and go on you will see results soon. I guess before your hair was a little to short to see much progress on the natural way!

Good luck!

Mechell Arant
@mechell-arant
12 years ago
56 posts

yep, drop the tam...you might want to drop the Dr. Bronners too. It isn't right for everyone, depending on your hair and your water. Try a few weeks of just the baking soda washes, see what happens...

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

dont wear the beanie alot

skip the bronners maybe add sea salt

and

if your dreading for spiritual reasons the jobs cannot reject you legaly based on your dreads

its like someone wearing a yamika or burka and they say we have a no hats rukle..its ilegal they cant descrimu8inate

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ricky Aka Ricky
@ricky-aka-ricky
12 years ago
34 posts

THANKYOU ALL SO MUCH, YOU REALLY OPENED MY EYES...I WON'T QUIT, I REALLY REALLY APPRECIATE THE SUPPORT GUYS <3 THANKYOU SOOOOOO MUCH!!!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form