Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hair doesn't want to stay dreaded :/

Tamara2
@tamara2
12 years ago
3 posts

Hello I have been having on going problems with my hair dreading or staying dreaded rather. It did not want to dread in the first place, we used a little backcombing and twist and rip. We finally finished and I have only washed it once since (about 2 weeks now).

They are now slowly starting to unravel and I don't know what to do. I can fix them up at the bottom but twisting and ripping again, but at the top it is slowly starting to come loose? I don't know how to describe it and it isn't just loose hairs. Does anyone have any advice about fixing them? I have very straight uncooperative hair and I did not use any products. Thanks

updated by @tamara2: 01/13/15 09:23:28PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

stop messsing with it 3ash it more often (what are u washing with) they do loosen up befoee they tighten dont redo them just leave em alone

sea salt..and wool and beads will help

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tamara2
@tamara2
12 years ago
3 posts

Last night was the first time I tried to fix some on the bottoms but other than that I have completely left them alone except for washing them a week ago. I don't have hard water so I'm using a tiny bit of Dr Bronners with a ton of water and a bit of baking soda. But some of the smaller ones have completely undone themselves even though I hadn't touched them. I haven't even redone those couple yet because I'm trying to leave everything alone.

How would I use the sea salt and wool?

soaring eagle said:

stop messsing with it 3ash it more often (what are u washing with) they do loosen up befoee they tighten dont redo them just leave em alone

sea salt..and wool and beads will help

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

mix sea salt and water 3.5% of the water volume

and wool sweater over your pillow or wool tam

spray the sea salt i[on 2 hours bn4 u wasgh or add to the bs wash

--
Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts
Why did you wait two weeks to wash it? The oils from your scalp will migrate down your hair and undo your knots. The more you wash the more knotted it will get.
Tamara2
@tamara2
12 years ago
3 posts
I didn't phrase that correctly. The process took a couple of days to finish and I washed them a couple days after. That was a week ago and some of them had started coming undone after the shower so I was a bit nervous to wash them again. But its only been a week.Also there's a lot of conflicting information online so it's hard to know which to do.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

thety do loosen 1st the4n tighten its normal but washing helps em dread

--
Kelsey Cliche!
@kelsey-cliche
12 years ago
122 posts
I have twist and rip/ backcomb dreads and I'm at about 3 1/2 months. With mine, some seemed to fall out, resection themselves a bit, and then tighten up again. Just leave them alone! My hair is dreading just fine. It is a one step forward, two steps back process. Enjoy it!
Sarah11
@sarah11
12 years ago
10 posts

put some salt in a spray bottle with worm water and spray it on your head i do it once a day don't touch it after that and it should harden up also spray before getting out of shower XD

i tried salt water on my hair to day dry OMG LOKED UP SO TIGHT an I'm on day 5 XD lol

good luck thats all i have

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

spray oit on before not after and not daily or you will dry the hell out of your scalp and hair ..weekly is best and 2 hours b4 u wash u want to rinse it out

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form