Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dyeing locks DIY?

tha tron
@tha-tron
15 years ago
147 posts
So ive had my dreads a good 8-9 months now. They are fairly mature. Im looking into dyeing them brown. I recently found out that the only pethat the only ethnic hair stylist in my town has moved!!I obviously dont want to deep fry my hair. What are some good reasonably priced hair dyes. I want to dye them brown so ill have to lighten them first.anyone woth mature or seni mature dreads let me know your experiences with dyeing locks. Please help... In the mean time i'll chrck out youtube
updated by @tha-tron: 01/13/15 08:28:25PM
tha tron
@tha-tron
15 years ago
147 posts
Cant edit on my ipod touch so i meant to say"the only hair stylist that works on ethnic hair has moved"And"anyone with mature...."
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
try lemon juice to lighten instead of bleach or peroxide, its gradual though so be patient, wet a dread with it then blow dry slowly..repeat..it will take several repeats b4 u see lightening happening..its gentler then bleachingdyes well i dunno theres herbs u can use in the herb thread mountain willow madebut they may not giive ya exact color control just with dying dreads, u gotta use extra..then be extra thourough when washin it out..i wouldnt dye em unless u really feel u gotta cause eventualy your gonna have black roots again

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
Henna dyes...try aubrey's organics maybe?
Hayley Turner
@hayley-turner
15 years ago
49 posts
Yeah I would say use lemon juice over a long period of time, go out in the sun alot and then when its light enough use henna, you need to completely soak the dreads to get the insides dyed as well though and leave it on for about twice/four times as long as recommended. Henna is quite bitty so you'll need to do a lot of washing to get it all out as well.
tha tron
@tha-tron
15 years ago
147 posts
Yeah thats what im going for im going to dye my whole head. And then let it grow out so the roots will be black. I dont plan on doing any touch ups so its just a 1 time thing.

soaringeagle said:
try lemon juice to lighten instead of bleach or peroxide, its gradual though so be patient, wet a dread with it then blow dry slowly..repeat..it will take several repeats b4 u see lightening happening..its gentler then bleachingdyes well i dunno theres herbs u can use in the herb thread mountain willow madebut they may not giive ya exact color control just with dying dreads, u gotta use extra..then be extra thourough when washin it out..i wouldnt dye em unless u really feel u gotta cause eventualy your gonna have black roots again
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
well then u may even be able to get a shade ya like by just lighteniung with lemon juice ots very simulatr to natural sun lighteningif nit then just go slightly lighter then dyeya wint need as much that way i think..just guessuin tho mines been my natural color since i was 18 tha tron said:
Yeah thats what im going for im going to dye my whole head. And then let it grow out so the roots will be black. I dont plan on doing any touch ups so its just a 1 time thing.

soaringeagle said:
try lemon juice to lighten instead of bleach or peroxide, its gradual though so be patient, wet a dread with it then blow dry slowly..repeat..it will take several repeats b4 u see lightening happening..its gentler then bleaching dyes well i dunno theres herbs u can use in the herb thread mountain willow madebut they may not giive ya exact color control just with dying dreads, u gotta use extra..then be extra thourough when washin it out
..i wouldnt dye em unless u really feel u gotta cause eventualy your gonna have black roots again

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form