Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Shampoo suggestions?

FoxyFresh
@foxyfresh
15 years ago
105 posts
I'm not sure what kind(s) of shampoo to use on my hair...I know its different strokes for different folks. I am black... i do have coarse hair so.. it has no problem getting nappy.. lol
updated by @foxyfresh: 01/13/15 08:28:22PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
the dreadheadhq and knottyboy shampoos are ok..nit great but they are harmless mostly (except to the envoronment that is) they are the only things those companies do semi well but cause they push wax so hard id boycott them if theyre soaps were the only 1's that worked.dr bronners 19 in 1 magic soap when diluter 12 times more water then soap is good in most ppl's haoir but with some water types may not rinse wellbut is the most environmentaly freindly soap of all (besides the bakingh soda that is)baking soda ..superiour to all soaps or shampoos but u may miss lathering so ..alternate if u want..personaly its all i use anymorelush bars..many ppl love em they smell nice do a decent job, but still contain sls which has been a health concern , possible cancer link and is in many of not most sudsing soaps (not dr bronners) because sls is in so many things u might want to avoid adding more..nutragena daily clarifying ..suitable especialy for "prep" since it not only is no residue (i think) but strips away built up residues. it can be used a few times to restore hair to untreatted natural state then switch to something else..its not that natural, may contain sls (i dunno foir sure tho) not as environmentaly freindlyso u might wanna just try a small bottle for a week or 2 then switch..most who try the baking soda never use any shampoo again..its that good

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Daniel
@daniel
15 years ago
118 posts
i reccomend bronners. My only problem with the baking soda wash is that it takes 10-30 minutes so if i notice my hairs smelling before school and i need a quick wash, baking soda isnt really an optiondefinitly pick up a bottle of bronners and use baking soda when you can soaringeagle said:
the dreadheadhq and knottyboy shampoos are ok..nit great but they are harmless mostly (except to the envoronment that is) they are the only things those companies do semi well but cause they push wax so hard id boycott them if theyre soaps were the only 1's that worked.

dr bronners 19 in 1 magic soap when diluter 12 times more water then soap is good in most ppl's haoir but with some water types may not rinse well
but is the most environmentaly freindly soap of all (besides the bakingh soda that is)

baking soda ..superiour to all soaps or shampoos but u may miss lathering so ..alternate if u want..
personaly its all i use anymore

lush bars..many ppl love em they smell nice do a decent job, but still contain sls which has been a health concern , possible cancer link and is in many of not most sudsing soaps (not dr bronners) because sls is in so many things u might want to avoid adding more..

nutragena daily clarifying ..suitable especialy for "prep" since it not only is no residue (i think) but strips away built up residues. it can be used a few times to restore hair to untreatted natural state then switch to something else..its not that natural, may contain sls (i dunno foir sure tho) not as environmentaly freindly
so u might wanna just try a small bottle for a week or 2 then switch..

most who try the baking soda never use any shampoo again..its that good
FoxyFresh
@foxyfresh
15 years ago
105 posts
Wow they baking soda sounds awesome..sounds like magic, lol soaringeagle said:
the dreadheadhq and knottyboy shampoos are ok..nit great but they are harmless mostly (except to the envoronment that is) they are the only things those companies do semi well but cause they push wax so hard id boycott them if theyre soaps were the only 1's that worked.

dr bronners 19 in 1 magic soap when diluter 12 times more water then soap is good in most ppl's haoir but with some water types may not rinse well
but is the most environmentaly freindly soap of all (besides the bakingh soda that is)

baking soda ..superiour to all soaps or shampoos but u may miss lathering so ..alternate if u want..

lush bars..many ppl love em they smell nice do a decent job, but still contain sls which has been a health concern , possible cancer link and is in many of not most sudsing soaps (not dr bronners) because sls is in so many things u might want to avoid adding more..

nutragena daily clarifying ..suitable especialy for "prep" since it not only is no residue (i think) but strips away built up residues. it can be used a few times to restore hair to untreatted natural state then switch to something else..its not that natural, may contain sls (i dunno foir sure tho) not as environmentaly freindly

FoxyFresh
@foxyfresh
15 years ago
105 posts
Where can i get bronners? Daniel said:
i reccomend bronners. My only problem with the baking soda wash is that it takes 10-30 minutes so if i notice my hairs smelling before school and i need a quick wash, baking soda isnt really an option

definitly pick up a bottle of bronners and use baking soda when you can

soaringeagle said:

Daniel
@daniel
15 years ago
118 posts
you can order it online, but ive seen it in cvs and giant (grocery store - might be local)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form