dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

big bald spots imbetween locks, help!

Knottural LP
@knottural-lp
12 years ago
9 posts

Hey guys,

I'm cominig up on my 11th month here. My dreads are starting to grow and get tighter by the day. I have large bald gaps imbetween my dreads that are pretty severe. I thought that with time i could expect this problem to correct itself, however no such luck. How on earth do i fix this? Is it even possible? i'm starting to feel like this is just what the top of my head will always look like no matter how long my locks get. Am i destined to have a bald looking head as long as i keep these dreads? On my last set i did not have this problem, only in one area.

updated by @knottural-lp: 01/13/15 09:19:45PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ITS CAUSE U SCREWED UP AND CROCHETTED

crochet recovery can take a very long time

did u only crochet one time? also stop palm rolling

thats adding to the problem

leave em alone just seperate as needed as u se[erate and neglectthe gaps fill in

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
taye
@taye
12 years ago
833 posts

I would need to see them to give you an accurate answer. Post a picture please. I have a defined part in my hair. I don't think it is ever going to go away. I also have a slight cowlick on the crown which causes a line of scalp on the top back of my head. I don't think about it, or worry over it. It is just the way my hair grows. I don't think anyone notices but me.

Do you do any sort of maintenance on your loose hair? If you do..stop doing it! New growth can help cover the scalp. All the loose hair can be a blessing. I started taking Biotin over a year ago. I have so much new growth and loose hair...it is crazy. In the past 6 months I have over 20 little baby dreads sprouting all over my head. Some of them will merge with the mature dreads, but I am keeping many of them separated.

But remember, you are more critical of your hair. You may be seeing large bald spots while others can't see anything at all.

Knottural LP
@knottural-lp
12 years ago
9 posts

SE- it's not from crotcheting. I had someone crotchet about 4 of my dreads once during my first month. This balding or gaps is throughout my entire head. It's like the parting is the problem or my hair is thinning? I'm not too sure . I just didnt know if this was the case for anyone else and then they found a solution later on. I dont rub the roots on my scalp either. I've let it all just kind of do it's thing. I can post pictures soon.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

picture will help

letting loose hairs f=ill gaps and become new drads will help

are your sectionsd huge>?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus