@riel
12 years ago
27 posts

updated by @riel: 02/17/18 06:54:21PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

its best to not "make dreads' but instead allow dreads to hsppen but out of all the ways to fiordse dreads to start that is the best way

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Riel
@riel
12 years ago
27 posts

i think i may want to do this or atleast start with one strand an see if i generally like it or not.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

id stick wioth naturalk it seems to be going well for you

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Riel
@riel
12 years ago
27 posts

I wouldnt really know after my dr.bronnors situation lol id like somthing that actually looks like dreads..

Kelsey Cliche!
@kelsey-cliche
12 years ago
122 posts
I did tnr a month ago. Just so you know, it loosens up a ton before it knots again...so my sections look wavy and spiral, and some behind my ears are hardly holding the original sectioning. I didn't tnr again at all & I'm letting them do their thing! And they are, I have maybe 4 that look like dreads right now. :) just wanted to let you know so you don't get worried if they seem like they're coming out.

Riel said:

I wouldnt really know after my dr.bronnors situation lol id like somthing that actually looks like dreads..

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

check out how much skinnier they are at the root that they are at the middle of the lock. Do you really think that that tiny skinny bit of hair will be strong enough to hold that lock when it gets longer and weighs twice as much? Probably not. That's because of the rubber bands. They squeeze the lock way too tight, even if you do them loosely.

Like everyone else said, it's probably the least damaging to your hair as far as methods go to start locks, but it's not ideal. Plus, they will come about again after the first wash, so it's not really necessary anyway

Riel
@riel
12 years ago
27 posts

As of right now I am researching which dread method id like to do FOR SURE. which one is healthier, less damaging, beautiful, natural and what I generally find more attractive on me. Here is another video of the same girl I think her dreads look pretty good and she used this method. Im just researching right now so id like everyone's opinion I am nither doing it or not doing it. I did a very small rnt dreadlock last night with out a rubber band to get the general feel of it. maybe it will hold maybe it won't that is the experiment in dreadlocks.

Riel
@riel
12 years ago
27 posts

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

If I can remember correctly, from her other vids, she just does the normal tnr method. No wax. I do think she palm rolls a little, which will work for the shirt term, but won't stick. All the energy you used will be wasted when you wash them. It just comes out anyway. I'm talking from experience

updated by @baba-fats: 02/15/15 11:30:36AM
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form