Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

What is the best way to dread thin hair (wen i say thin i mean Thin hair)????

Scott Semionovas
@scott-semionovas
15 years ago
11 posts
I have been hanting to get dreads since i was 15 and every 1 that i know has told me not to do it because of my thin hair, they have told me it would never work.I was wandering if any 1 can help me with my dreading isues
updated by @scott-semionovas: 01/13/15 08:28:08PM
Jo
@jo
15 years ago
176 posts
I have some pretty thin hair, and I'm about 2 months into my dread journey. I did some backcombing tho to get em started. and it isnt something I would recommend. because it can cause alot of damage resulting in weaker dreads. I'd say, wear a wool tam, and wait for them to form. then once your hair gets going, rip the sections apart so you dont get huge dreads, unless that is what you want :o)Heres the section on dread methods, you can read through em and figure out what works for you http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/categories/dreading-methods/listForCategory
Scott Semionovas
@scott-semionovas
15 years ago
11 posts
I was thinking of doing the twist and rip I think thats what they call it lol, is that a good way to go with thin hair, im just worry that Im going to end up with no hair at all lol.
Blonde Dready
@blonde-dready
15 years ago
84 posts
iIm with Jo on this one "i wouldnt reccomend backcombing, u think ur knots are pretty good after but then they slip out, so u panic. Then they started knotting up again like a month after. Twist and rip is the least damaging of the two Scott Semionovas said:
I was thinking of doing the twist and rip I think thats what they call it lol, is that a good way to go with thin hair, im just worry that Im going to end up with no hair at all lol.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
definatly do not backcombgo natural..give natural a good long try if u get no results add beads or twist and rip

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
as far as thinness goes I hear dreads can help some people since all that hair that would normally be falling out every day stays on your head, would probably be awhile be4 that can fully happen though.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
why twist n rip when they dreaded superfest naturaly after a failed backcomb? Charaxesdistanti said:
I have super thin fine silky hair and my hair knotted up super fast. I initially backcombed then it all fell out and if I were to do it again I'd probably do twist and rip.

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
?? what was wrong with the sectioning? hairs all crossed at tye rootrs? well twist n rip or backcomb u still section where u want to secyion not wwhere the hair wants to section itselfim guessing that even tho the backcombing failed it still pretty much followded the sectioning u did right?u really cant go wrongh with sectioning uunless they are being criss crossed, or too big of sectionsid think in thin hair it would bve extra important cause otherwise u can have gaps betweendunno tho mines extremely thick Charaxesdistanti said:
I guess because I would have liked a better sectioning in the back. I don't mind how they look now but I would have just sectioned them better if I did it again.

soaringeagle said:
why twist n rip when they dreaded superfest naturaly after a failed backcomb?

Charaxesdistanti said:
I have super thin fine silky hair and my hair knotted up super fast. I initially backcombed then it all fell out and if I were to do it again I'd probably do twist and rip.

--
Scott Semionovas
@scott-semionovas
15 years ago
11 posts
thats my bigest fear that it will look like i have bold patches specialy wen i get older and my hair ends up like my dads, he has a extremy thin head of hair.i was thinking of sectioning the dreads about 1" by 1" squares (and steggering them so it dosent have that corn row look) and the amount of hair that i get in my hand is a little bit thiker then a pencil and if i go any thiker it looks stupid, i wish i had thiker hair or more of it but thats what God gave me In a way i shoud be happy that God gave me hair at all lol. Charaxesdistanti said:
Well yes because my hair is really thin I knew once it dreaded if the sections weren't placed I'd probably have some spots that looked bald. My sections are fine but there is one in the back that is kind of wide at the root and just looks weird.

soaringeagle said:
?? what was wrong with the sectioning? hairs all crossed at tye rootrs? well twist n rip or backcomb u still section where u want to secyion not wwhere the hair wants to section itself
im guessing that even tho the backcombing failed it still pretty much followded the sectioning u did right?

u really cant go wrongh with sectioning uunless they are being criss crossed, or too big of sections

id think in thin hair it would bve extra important cause otherwise u can have gaps between
dunno tho mines extremely thick

Charaxesdistanti said:
I guess because I would have liked a better sectioning in the back. I don't mind how they look now but I would have just sectioned them better if I did it again.

soaringeagle said:
why twist n rip when they dreaded superfest naturaly after a failed backcomb?

Charaxesdistanti said:
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
1" will be failrly thick much thicker then a pencila pencil is like somewhere between 1/8 and 1/4 inchyour better off going naturakl a few weeks (start today) and let it sectionitself where it wants the natural sectioning will be the size it wants to bebeing all slightly different sizes they will blend together nicely without gapsim betting most will be bout 1/4 inchwith just a few thicker biut 1/4 inch probly near the backhaving more dreads although thinner ones will give a more full appearance you dont wanna have just 12 scraggly dreads but 30-40 will seem like a thicher fuller head of dreads

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form